SAU Community

How Do You Launch Your Gtr?

w34ponGT

All my launches are at the preped drag strip with good tyres, do that on the road with not so good tyres and it will end up very messy

Try 5k first then 6k then 7, you will know which works best, then add 1k when you go to the drag strip

Hi Mick, it was too late for your advise but you were spot on, did the 7k launch, on practically new Perelli 255/40x18, crazy span all 4 through 1st, fishtailed a bit and into 2nd span some more let it off a bit and away it went.

I then did it at 6k and that was a better, still too much , 5.5k worked the best, just enough spin, then off it went.

The AWKW is not much more than with the original T78, 7.6 AWKW extra with the PT6262, Poncam B, new exhaust and tuned for response, but it is just such a different car now :)

Thanks again for your constructive help. So many just say take it to 7k or 8k and step off or drop the clutch and that was not helpful

Pete

haha yeh Mick, just a street car for an old bloke but still fun..

Do you know anything about the HKS Turbo Timer, it seems to have a timing capability , not sure how accurate they would be but somewhere to start I guess.At least I could see if I was getting the times down??

Might try and do a day at Eastern Creek on the ARDC days, but getting there is the problem, got kids to look after and 4 hours to get there, have to spend a day or 2 in Sydney

I will keep up the practice and see where it leads :)

I have the HKS turbo timer in my 32, so yeah I know a bit about them

There is a 0-400m function and is pretty accurate providing you don't get to much wheel spin

Will go through it tomorrow and let you know how the set it up

I'm gonna guess mid-high 11s with a good run given your setup and the tuner

It seems that once you get to a certain power, it then takes a lot more to knock off a second and heaps to get under 10 secs.

Your car is about 100 AWKW more than mine, what does that do the 1/4 in?

It seems that once you get to a certain power, it then takes a lot more to knock off a second and heaps to get under 10 secs.Your car is about 100 AWKW more than mine, what does that do the 1/4 in?

I have a R34 GTR with a 3.0ltr making 458kw at all 4 with a triple plate Exedy and stock Getrag 6 speeder that just ran a [email protected] after weighing in at 1661kgs with out me

:thumbsup:

It's actually 0.33 of a second difference but that run was only 24psi 436kw not the 28psi that did 458kw, there is a 250kg difference between the two cars, it's the MPH that tells the tale of power difference

The 32 is really just a freak of a car that I have been racing for over a decade so I know how to get the best out of it and with a bit more setup and seat time I believe there is another 0.5 sec to be had from the 34

Brb just going to have a look at the TT now

Ok so get yourself onto your "private" road lined up ready to go

Then on the display from where the count down screen push the M button 5 times, it will most likely come up 0- 1, then push the S button to scroll through till you get 0- 4, once that is displayed in a few seconds it will start beeping and flashing once that happens you are all set and it will automaticly start timing as soon as the start to move

Note, you MUST have the rpm and Kmh hooked up and set correctly

There is a lot more to these cars than I thought and very interesting.

I am lucky to know people with private property and a quality road to use but I have to tell the family when I am doing it :)

As soon as I get a chance I will follow your instructions and see how I go.

Thanks for your tip

Ok so get yourself onto your "private" road lined up ready to go

Then on the display from where the count down screen push the M button 5 times, it will most likely come up 0- 1, then push the S button to scroll through till you get 0- 4, once that is displayed in a few seconds it will start beeping and flashing once that happens you are all set and it will automaticly start timing as soon as the start to move

Note, you MUST have the rpm and Kmh hooked up and set correctly

I am having trouble with this laptop hope this gets through. hard to login and post.

I am lucky to know someone with property and a good road to have a chance to get some short runs in :)

Thanks for the tip