SAU Community

How Do You Launch Your Gtr?

w34ponGT

All it does is let any little slackness close and let the whole drivetrain lean on the clutch so when you pop it you don't have the little tollerences bang closed. The clutch won't do anything harmfull in comparison to the actual clutch drop

can someone please explain side stepping?

i got a 1.89 60ft by dropping the clutch at 7k with wheel spin all of first on the limiter lol. ran a 12.1

got 315 rwkw with 255/35/18 profile tyre. kept pressure at 36 because it was still bogging down at 6500 rpm .

with my setup how would use do it?

What brand tyres where they cheapies or actual quality?

Reason i ask is my mate cracked a 12.3 on a 34R with nothing but 1.2bar boost on the stock ceramics and a full exhaust with Bridgestone RE01's (still running std injectors, fuel pump, ecu). It was only about 255awkw from memory too.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_eR-39CK9Y&sns=em

Hey Xklaba u remember me beating u a few years ago in my old GTR?

Man i suck at Embedding vids with my phone. Have to copy to address bar

yeah I remember, and that smoke was number 2 piston going bye bye, I had run 11.36 before that and I have sence run 11.13 with only 293rwkw and stock turbos :P

hand brake is the best way IF you have a good clutch, other wise no hand brake dial in 7000-7500 and just find friction piont then ride out works for me

second gear launchs in standed ratio 34 or 32 and 33 with 4.33 diff ratios other wise use first and short shift to second

• 2 months later...

^^ how i launched afew weeks back, although only took it to 6800rpm to launch, finding the friction point then riding out gets best traction and 60ft times too

gonna try 7000-7500rpm next time and see what difference it makes

what sort of tyre pressures did you run XKLABA ?

street tyres ( 265/35/18) I run 30 psi, you need the pressure to keep the centre of the tyre flat on the ground with even pressure across the tread and since the side walls of low profile tyres don't twist/flex there is no advantage to lowering the pressures, all it does is make the side walls take the weight and reduce the grip in the middle of the tyre

Drag tyres, ( 255/50/16 Toyo TQs ) 18-20psi, opposite of the street tyre reasoning

bahaha, standard ratio R33 GTR, use first and short shift into second, even with stock turbos that get 19psi by 2800rpm it's hard to keep it on boost on a second gear launch, so much so I don't even try it anymore and I reeeaaally hate clutchs

best last night for me was 11.3sec again, but this time with a 127.5mph....7500rpm clutch slip seemed to work good and not bog down....traction was abit of an issue though :/

going drags is getting addictive