SAU Community

Initial Drift Day - Wakefield April 9

sweefu

http://www.initialdrift.com.au/

Depends on things, but I assume you have a CAMS L2NS and a Wakefield licence, so $170 for non members I think mate :) Would be great if end up entering, would be great to get some pointers about car setup etc from another R31 owner.

Minispool (LSD, I think KAAZ only make them, if you can afford it)

Clutch (Be careful what you choose)

S13 Lower Control arms

2nd hand spring and good shock combo

That's probably what I would do for a cheap R31 setup.

Later with more money add Coilovers, castor arms, hydro handbrake.

Even later on a RB25DET conversion. RB30ET in my opinion is not worth it compared to the cost of a RB25 these days. Don't worry about big builds/power unless you want to compete in Australia. A stock engine has enough power with the usual mods.

If you want pointers on your drifting, or just something to start practising let me know. I'm still learning but I did receive what I consider bad advice when I was starting off.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Minispool (LSD, I think KAAZ only make them, if you can afford it)

Clutch (Be careful what you choose)

S13 Lower Control arms

2nd hand spring and good shock combo

That's probably what I would do for a cheap R31 setup.

Later with more money add Coilovers, castor arms, hydro handbrake.

Even later on a RB25DET conversion. RB30ET in my opinion is not worth it compared to the cost of a RB25 these days. Don't worry about big builds/power unless you want to compete in Australia. A stock engine has enough power with the usual mods.

If you want pointers on your drifting, or just something to start practising let me know. I'm still learning but I did receive what I consider bad advice when I was starting off.

Thanks for the reply mate.

I rebuilt the diff with auto gears (3.9) and a minispool

I have S13 front LCA's, hubs, knuckles and brakes (I have R32 brakes on the way, too)

S13 HSD HR Coilover 8kg/mm front 7kg/mm rear, I also had some top hat adapters made by a machine shop so I didn't have to redrill the top hat

Adjustable panhard rod

I have everything except an intercooler for an RB30E+T setup, I have gotten all the parts pretty cheap but perhaps an engine conversion would have been a better plan - at least now I know

The interior has been completely stripped back to bare metal, battery into boot and inside painted

Aircon gear removed, other bits and pieces removed to save weight where ever possible

After the turbo setup goes on (this month) I will start saving for a new clutch, but I have heard a lot of different opinions so I'm a bit unsure here.

Cheers,

Anthony.

What pipes? Ebay cheapies suck. I have a set and they don't work or fit well. Just keep it standard unless you get a GTR setup.

I bought a brand new cooler just need to make up a kit for it I have heaps of pipes.. And btw stinkypoo it's Kyle I just sold my fd!! Woo so I'm focusing on finishing skyline now.. Was gunna run gtr cooler but this new one I got is pretty sweet!

• 3 weeks later...