SAU Community

Rb26 Rods?

Just wondering wot ppl's opions are on gtr rods, getting somme work done on my car i know it has cp pistons but am unsure of the rods as the engine was rebuilt before i bought it, wondering how many hp atw's stock rods can handle safely??

currently have round 400hp atw just considering doin the head up which would prob end up pushing up towards 500, just dont wanna spend the money on the head if its all gunna end up scrap metal. thanks for your help

500awhp on an rb26 is a snack if you spend good money on a few high quality parts.

Stock head with a set of drop in cams is what I would use. Keep it simple they don't need to be huge cams, 260 with 10mm lift is more than enough to get that hp. Set of -5's with a good 4" exh. I would upgrade the oil pump gears to the Reimax gears STD water pump is fine.

Spent 20+k on performance parts an labour, reputable parts reputable shops.. still havent found 500 lol was just gunna get some 270 cams that can fit in without removing head, but now considering taking the head off, which means i prob should get port an polish while its apart higher lift cams n oversized valves an valve springs to suit. an of course metal head gasket an new head studs, but that isnt real easy on the wallet an if the extra power makes somethin go bang the head will prob be stuffed, n will need to rebuild engine. the car does plenty of 440km +trips so dont wanna ruin reliability. hmm cars really r botomless pits.. problem is where to stop an just be happy with it lol :(

no need to remove the head for 500hp if it already has forged pistons. drop in cams with the right supporting mods will do it as said.

if your unsure about rod bolts just dont go crazy with the revs

You can do it on stock cams & a basic head tidy up if you want. Plenty have before.

Either way you already have one thread about that, and this is already covered.

Try using the search a bit more. PLENTY of info around.