SAU Community

Installing Mid/high (Third) Brake Light And Rewiring Reverse Lights On R32

jakez88

hey guys i have a few electrical questions to do with the wiring up of a mid or high (third) brake light to pass a roadworthy due to running a gtr spoiler on my r32 and also rewiring reverse lights.

firstly obviously i need a mid/high brake light which will be mounted on the rear window. Now can some one tell me a detailed explanation on how to hook it up to the brake lights and not have it on when the head/parker lights are on?

secondly, the guy i bought the r32 gtst off for whatever reason wired the reverse lights to the fog light switch on the dash. so this means the reverse lights do not turn on when u put the car in reverse but only when you switch the foglight button to on. can anyone tell me where to start from this? i know its a bit hard to tell how he has wired it but assuming he has just simply wired reverse lights straight to the button what would i have to do and look out for.

planning to do this by my self to save abit of money as i dont really want to take it to an auto elec to wire it all up again if its an easy enough job. if it isnt then i guess i'll just have to fork out the cash. any help appreciated. thanks guys!

find the wire in the back of the tail lights that powers the brake light. be easy to do with a multimeter.

as for the reverse lights, it sounds like the car may have been converted from manual to auto and the wiring not done properly.