SAU Community

Te37 18" / Rays 17" / Zeit 17". Gtr Bar/lip - Brand New!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have you googled this? There is plenty on the web about fakes and reals. Ash's are real; there are plenty of TE37s that do not have the "made in japan" and "rays engineering" marked in the front. Tooling changes etc.

Your mates rims probably didn't have them either, and they didn't notice until they were repainted and SHINY smile.gif

There was a thread on SAU recently

To add to this... I can confirm (via the Rays website - cbf'd searching for the news bulletin but you can if you want) that in June 2010 Rays started to emboss their markings on the lips to all the TE37 range. This was to counter the inferior fakes/styles/replicas etc. Prior to this, the embossed branding only came in 19" rims for the original TE37's. As such, any rims produced after June 2010 will have the embossing around the lips. Still, either way the fact is if you flip the rims around and check the hub face, you'll be able to confirm 100% whether they are genuine or not.

Cheers,

Andy

Edited by AnDyStYLe

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Ash,

Possibly interested in Zeit wheels and R32 Gtr front lip. (pending me buying another 32).

Could i ask for some possibly standing up shots of the wheels to show the dish from side on, and did you happen to have any pics of the wheels ever fitted on a car??

Just for reference.

Thanks mate.

Cheers.

P.s. saw your car on the Motive DVD my mate had from the time attack. car looked beaut, sounded magnificent!! dope ride!

• 2 weeks later...