SAU Community

Towbar In Melbourne?

Barras

I droped it off this morning. Had a call from him around 5 and said he was just painting the tow bar and will put it together tomorrow.

Hoping to take my HQ race car out on Sunday so will be able to test it.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basicly it has no load rating. He just said it would be good for 2000kg and 150 on the ball.

Ill try get some pics of it but I really need to take the bar of to get any deceint ones. It does look a bit better than the Fast fit one tho

Hi Andrew

What was the final cost with fitting and all electrics?

Look forward to seeing a picture of the back of the car. I might take mine to him soon if i can afford it.

Cheers

Chris

Basicly it has no load rating. He just said it would be good for 2000kg and 150 on the ball.

Ill try get some pics of it but I really need to take the bar of to get any deceint ones. It does look a bit better than the Fast fit one tho

I'd be interested to see it. If it's rated to 2000kg; there should definitely be some visible structure under the boot area, otherwise it's not really going to be much better than the Fastfit bar.

• 2 weeks later...

I still haven't used it yet. Cost was $880. He also forgot to add the bit for the chain to go to so need to sort that out

IMAG0702.jpg

IMAG0703.jpg

IMAG0708.jpg

With the bolt that goes up he had to cut a hole in the back of the car so the tow bar goes inside the rail as well

IMAG0704.jpg

IMAG0706.jpg

• 9 months later...

I am going to go see the guy at Locset over the weekend in Ringwood. He has advised that he can do the job for me but it has been a little while since he has done one for a stagea.

Lets see what he can do and would be interested to see what price and what setup he will build for me. :yes:

I presume it will be a similar setup to what you guys have above and will be used to tow the race car!!

I am going to go see the guy at Locset over the weekend in Ringwood. He has advised that he can do the job for me but it has been a little while since he has done one for a stagea.

Lets see what he can do and would be interested to see what price and what setup he will build for me. :yes:

I presume it will be a similar setup to what you guys have above and will be used to tow the race car!!

That's who done mine. Ive towed my HQ a few times with it. 2000kg all up. 1300kg car 700kg trailer. On flat roads it struggles so never took it to far, only around 30km from home. Fuel economy went through the roof in that short distance. It also wore the inside edge of the rear tyres funny.

Ive brought a F350 tow truck to tow it now, just in the process of putting it on club reg.

IMAG0786.jpg

That's who done mine. Ive towed my HQ a few times with it. 2000kg all up. 1300kg car 700kg trailer. On flat roads it struggles so never took it to far, only around 30km from home. Fuel economy went through the roof in that short distance. It also wore the inside edge of the rear tyres funny.

Ive brought a F350 tow truck to tow it now, just in the process of putting it on club reg.

IMAG0786.jpg

Hi dasic1

I have just updated from a R31 skyline wagon to my C34 stagea rs4s. But i am towing a mazda RX3 so not as much weight as your 'Q'. I am hoping that it will tow well considering my total weight with race car and trailer being more like 1400KG to 1500KG max.

I presume that the Guy in Ringwood will still be able to help me out and it doesnt matter what model stagea it is? He seems to be able to custom build what ever you need from talking to him on the phone. But time will tell when he see's my car and I see the quality of his work. My one concern is from a engineering perspective and i want to know where the mounting points are going to be put on the body chassis rails of the stagea. :unsure:

All tee'd - up for next week after seeing Locsed on the weekend. He will do a 2000kg rated towbar as per our discussion on weekend unless something unforseen comes up for C34 stagea. He will have to cut the bumper but it will be a small neat square hole as the car is already lowered and i need the height to be correct for the towball.

I said to him that it had to nice a neat and i dont want electric's handing out on the bumper, they will be in the boot and i will pull them out of spare wheel well when i need to plug in the trailer.

:rolleyes:

All tee'd - up for next week after seeing Locsed on the weekend. He will do a 2000kg rated towbar as per our discussion on weekend unless something unforseen comes up for C34 stagea. He will have to cut the bumper but it will be a small neat square hole as the car is already lowered and i need the height to be correct for the towball.

I said to him that it had to nice a neat and i dont want electric's handing out on the bumper, they will be in the boot and i will pull them out of spare wheel well when i need to plug in the trailer.

:rolleyes:

PLEASE keep us updated on this.

I'm very keen.