SAU Community

M35 Seats

lang

Hi,

I am looking at getting a M35, and I went and test drove one today.

I am about 6 foot and even with the headrest at full height it only reached up to my neck. It felt like if I was rear-ended my neck would snap off.

Other than that I loved the car, do the leather seats have a different shape/height? Do the newer revision models have taller seats?

Am i the only one that has noticed this? I may have to get an aftermarket seat as I am pretty keen on an M35

Edited by lang

You must have 5ft of torso and 1 ft of legs!

I'm also 6ft and with the headrest at its lowest setting the top of the headrest is about level with my ears and at its highest setting it's just below the top of my head.

Edited by slippylotion

You must have 5ft of torso and 1 ft of legs!

I'm also 6ft and with the headrest at its lowest setting the top of the headrest is about level with my ears and at its highest setting it's just below the top of my head.

^^^^^

What he said

hmm, my torso is probably slightly bigger than normal, but my fiancee who is 5'11 and she has long legs, the headrest only came half way up her head at its maximum height.

It looks like it has the standard non-electric cloth seats from the photos of other cars I have been looking at today.

Do people actually rest their heads on the headrests?

Serious question, as I don't think I've ever touched a headrest with the back of my head in the 17 years I've been driving...

No, you are not meant to rest your head on the head rest (silly name really). They are there only to stop wiplash.