SAU Community

Cals Budget 32 Build

The day came and went. Only drama was a blown intercooler pipe in session 3, put it back on and went like a dream. 1:18 round the south circuit.

Notes for next time;

- Semi slicks

- Coil overs (to fix tramping vibration in left rear shock area)

- Lower trailer as this one was a slight prick to get on and off.

- make sure go pro works prior to event. (it stuffed up i have no vids or picks :( )

pits_zps24ca8ef2.jpg

I knew what it was all day, leaking injector in number 6 cylinder which is also causing a bit of fuel to get into the oil. still went ok lol once i reved the shit out of it getting all the excess fuel out lol.

• 8 months later...

So long time no update. Got married in November 2013 so funds for race car are definately $0. Another South Circuit run at SMSP is on in a few months and she shall be attending. Car is currently for sale but no serious buyers have come forward so might as well take her out again ;). Will get around the sorting the missfire out by servicing the injectors. Then time for fun and this time making sure the GOPRO is functioning properly.

• 1 month later...

Struggling to get a trailer organised for the next event. So possibly she will be collecting dust while the 33 makes its SMSP attempt. Will probably have to start a build thread for that soon if/when i sell the 32. As the 33 is already set up suspension wise and engine wise ready for the track.

• 2 weeks later...

So good news. Mates got a trailer for me. Tow car will be easy to get. Found the missfire. Number 6 injector leaking. Will pull apart shortly and get all 6 serviced. Then some fresh tires on some stock 16inch wheels. And shes ready for the track! Just under a month now getting excited.

Ok getting to the bottom of this missfire. Found all signals into ignotor module to be correct. But the pulses out of the ignitor are not. There is a pulse missing from cylinder 6 on the coil side of the ignitor. Just need to find a cheap ignitor unit and should be set :)

Also had all 6 injectors serviced off car, cleaned and flow tested :)

So got me some fancy new (second hand) rims yeaterday. What a bargain price I pretty much just stole them haha. Local tire mob i used flung me some decent second hand Bridgestone and Continental 225/45/17's to get me through the track day for now. Rims look sexy and fast IMO. My local tire shop also does the Handcook semi slicks so may look into those once my wallet recovers from other life spendages.

Trailer and tow car organised for the track day, ignitor problem solved. Now just needs an oil change and a once over, plus a wash before the big day. Only a few weeks out getting super pumped. Go pro is fully working now with bigger memory card so should have some decent vids finally.

10635781_10154562566485521_8692570846785

• 2 weeks later...

So forgot to mention the ECU was the drama. Replaced with another one and its runing like a dream. Purchased the oil for the service today. Also some Matte black paint for the front bar. Have sanded the bar back ready for a nice fresh coat, now the car wont look so fugly with a maroon front bar. Small exhaust leak found at flange at rear dump pipe where it joins the straight pipe. While on hoist will put a new gasket and some sealant in. Then its onto the trailer on Sunday arvo ready for the track.

So guys had a great day out at the track. A new PB for the Ninja round the south circuit. 1:15.48. which is 3 seconds quicker then last time which was a 1:18. The new tires worked great and running on 6 cylinders helps. Only ran 8psi of boost all day. Still need some work to the rear end to stop some chatter under corner exit but all in all an excellent day! heres a video and some picks :)

turn4_zpsc076b0db.jpg

finalturn3_zpsed813016.jpg

finalturn_zps72dd31d9.jpg

finalturn1_zpse01a1f9d.jpg

• 2 months later...

So long time no update. Have decided possibly in the new year to get her registered. Ran a REVS check on the vehicle, it has had prior NSW rego. Was imported between 89 and 2001. Doesnt give me a year model though but has the original engine number.

Other good news at there is no money owing on it, no stolen record, and no written off history. So its a clean car :)

Repairs required for road use are pretty simple. Wire up and install a horn. Install front indicators and wire in the flasher unit. Thats about it.

And obviously get the money for rego and insurance. That way i can justify owning it and be able to drive it to and from local track days and test drive on the road.

• 1 month later...

Well well well. The Ninja gets one stem closer to rego. Installed the Hazard switch. Charged the battery. flicked on the ignition and kill switch. Hit the indicator button and bam flash flash flash of the front blinkers :) Then i had the tricky task of locating the 2 in 100 wires that flash for the rear blinkers as im not running the factory rear harnes. Managed to find it quickly at the big square grey plug that the factory harnes would normally plug into. Connected and bam all 4 blinkers working.

So a small victory now just need to get a blue slip. and then register it. Park it in the workshop for a month so my blue slip bloke doesnt get in shit if i get pulled over as i can say i built the car after it had rego :P

blinker_zpse98161be.jpg

• Like 1