SAU Community

Cals Budget 32 Build

Cheers.

Well as it sits in my workshop for 11 out of 12 months a year i figure since no one wants to buy it i may as well register it. that way i can drive it more than once a year. Also most of the track days here in sydney are only 20min from my workshop so instead of putting her on a trailer i can just drive there. Also when mods are done i can test drive it on the road.

When i first finnished her the first shake down she had was at eastern creek. I was just lucky it all went well lol.

• 2 months later...

Hey Mate,

Was looking for info on sunroof's and stumbled across this, definitely an amazing build!

I was looking at deleting my sunroof and plexi was looking like the best option and just had a couple of questions around what you thought:

1. How are you holding the plexi in the sunroof, did you use a mix of bolts and sealant?
  2. I notice you are now going to register the car, is plexi sunroof, rear glass legal for a road car?
  3. I'm in sydney as well with a 32, where did you get your plexi made up?

Either way this thread has definitely helped me out!

• 4 months later...

Hey mate sorry havent checked this for ages.

1: plexi held in by some shite dodgy brackets atm. Am thinking of Dzus them in later on as im now in a motorsport shop. Its 6 L brackets 1 in each corner and 2 in the center.

2; Now again changed mind the car will now be going improved production class for supersprint events.

3: Plexi was made by a bloke in Smithfield on long street. Just gave him a template out of cardboard and he cut it for me. He did those and my 1/4 windows for around the 150 buck mark.

So yah have decided to make this car comply with the 3J rules in improved production so i can run this car in supersprint NSW series.

As this series doesnt clash with my formula ford engineering comitments so will also justify owning the car which is what ive been trying to do for a while.

Have booked in the next SMSP south day and for the first time now own an LS2 CAMS license. She will also be doing the SMSP north circuit in October which im excited about as ive never driven that part of the track.

Mods before these days will be

1: Coil overs

2: Possibly 18inch semi slicks

3: rain light, proper kill switch and any other small changes or additions to comply with the CAMS rules and regs for improved production.

• 1 month later...

Ok another update time, sorry lots of writing not enough pics.

Free practice this friday looking to shake the car down hopefully. Have acquired the GT wing i was looking at so will try and fit before then (today being Wednesday)

Tires wont be on for this test but full GP circuit at the creek which will be fun.

Car now back on 6 cylinders, fitted a second hand stock ECU this one works a treat.

Side pipe put back on for extra unicorns.

Have fabricated up the Dzus mounts for front bar. Will add a few more while doing other work.

Started to fab up blanking plates for all the spare holes in fire wall from off cuts in the shop. Most holes now covered.

Vacuumed out all rat crap and grass from car, now just needs wash.

10401502_10156020164795521_1942484669182

• Like 2

Updates coming thick and fast. Rear wing is 90% on, picked it up today. looks not to shabby for a $100 wing even came with Nismo badge lol.

Just need to sort out the rear bolt holes due to boot supports in the way. Now looks more like a proper track car and not a drift pig.

Wing will be finished tomorrow then shes right to go for now.

wang_zpsqjfy6irl.jpg

wang%202_zpslv7hc083.jpg

Day went really well last friday. Wing in tact, nothing fell off. Busy day out but really fun. Things i learned from the day.

- Open practice days are crazy 50 cars on track at once

- Rear wing good but probably overkill since car only reaches 185 down straight.

- really REALLY need shocks/coil overs and probably bushes

- wheel alignment needs doing

- Tires wouldnt hurt

So yah the next event is the 18th of october the day after world time attack. Hoping to get these things buttoned up before then. Heres a few videos from the day.

Just some crazy R35 GTR

Full lap :) Vibration is rooted left rear shock bouncing when unloaded.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Glad to see this build is still going.

-really REALLY need shocks/coil overs

HAHA yes indeed i do, im saving every penny hard to try get them. May have a sponsor on board from a mate which may help a lot with entry, parts and the look of the car :)

In preparation for next weekends North circuit supersprint I managed to get the car numbers on. Now she looks like a real race car. Wont have much done other then that and a little cosmetic secret upgrade for the front end.

Plan On a set down this week at some point work a few later hours at work and rattle the bosses mind about alignment. Not that i can do a lot but yah. Also made up a fancy bracket to mount the ignitor unit so i dont need the valley cover.

car%2090_zpscupb4ruu.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

So North circuit was super fun. Had a great day out.

Have managed to get my hands on some second hand dunlop semi slicks in 17s for free off a customer at work which will go on for the next track day so pretty happy.

Priced up some ksport coil overs and will be saving for that soon :)

• 10 months later...

Well well well hello kiddies im back. Yes no update since last year almost 12 months to the day. SAU track day just done and dusted and wow is all i can say.

Prior to track day i managed to finally fit a set of second hand shocks and springs. All i know they are blue and double coiled near the top to make them extra stiff. They feel like coil overs. I have pics will eventually get them up.

Also fitted a brand new set of Falken semi slick/radials on 17's with a 225/45 fitment and wow did this make a huge difference.

The car ran into some minor hiccups on the day mainly not being able to keep the cooler pipes on at only 8psi, and spewing oil out catch can due to me forgetting to empty it after 6 track days :P . The car went really hard with new spark plugs and fresh fuel.First session I managed a 1:10 which was 5 yes FIVE seconds off my 1:15 previously set. Then a small coolant line to the turbo let go. Fixed that before lunch. Missed the next session due to cooler pipe coming off and leaving me stranded at the middle part of the flip flops.

3rd timed session I drove the ass off it and managed a 1:08! Another 2 seconds quicker and now up competing with some GTRs and a pesky Lemon. (videos of the 1:10 to come)

Last session unfortunately wasn't timed but felt a little quicker and I managed to run for around 20min without another cooler pipe exploding off. All in all a great day and looking forward to seeing the videos and uploading them here.

Car is now home in my new garage at my new house so some serious mods can now take place as she has proven to me that with some tasteful upgrade she will be competitive for seasons to come.

Goin Out Session 1

14124875_10154194619124300_2637587519503

Cleaning the mess :(

14206075_303663913331179_462539621435733

The start of a good day

14095759_10157338630435521_8891795006471

Loaded up ready for home

14192159_10157340584480521_3624510099718

Home safe

14184430_10157340559505521_1540839548711

Results :)

14188665_10157340109710521_8828675881756

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Well i sold this car 2 years ago now and am curious where it ended up. I know its in victoria somewhere and managed a day at sandown. Miss this girl but was fun. Nice trip down memory lane :)