SAU Community

Cals Budget 32 Build

Definately late nights, lucky my workshop has a room upstairs with a few lounges i can sleep on ;) The engine wont be here till about a month as a mate is doing an Rb26 conversion on his 32 GTSt and is selling me dirt cheap the complete motor, harness, gearbox everything i need. And i know the motor is still good and running. Tomorrow HICAS is out and RECARO test fit :) Plus clean engine bay.

Definately late nights, lucky my workshop has a room upstairs with a few lounges i can sleep on ;) The engine wont be here till about a month as a mate is doing an Rb26 conversion on his 32 GTSt and is selling me dirt cheap the complete motor, harness, gearbox everything i need. And i know the motor is still good and running. Tomorrow HICAS is out and RECARO test fit :) Plus clean engine bay.

Lucky bastard! I don't mean just for the room to sleep in, but for the damn workshop lol

Plenty of time to do the little fiddly annoying things that need to get done, do them now or they will always be a "next weekend" typa thing lol

Yah as you can see i have been delaying pulling the hicas out cause im removing the complete system so a little time is needed. Also been planing out the wiring for Fuel pump and the ignition switch system. (ie. control pannel with 3 switches, push button start and iso switch).

And yah BSA I never saw it in the shop but sitting at his parents house in the elements under the tree made it look im guessing alot worse. Wish i had a photo cause it would be an amazing transformation. Im still getting spider webs around the place and a few ants so might have to get some spray out lol.

:domokun:

Well 3/4 of HICAS is out here are some pics.

HICAS In

hicason.jpg

HICAS Out, Lock bar in

hicasin.jpg

Middle lines removed, Next engine bay.

hicaslines.jpg

So through the week Rest of HICAS lines will be out Power steering pump modified and some wires run for fuel pump and possible battery relocation. Then a rest for Easter :) hopefully my brakes might turn up and my other surprise :)

Ok so done a bit of work since last post. The rest of the HICAS has now been removed (fair bit of weight). Power steering pump removed to be modified. (will add picks soon) Engine bay is ready for pressure clean in preperation for a new coat of matte black. And while all this was going on this arrived in the mail! :thumbsup::nyaanyaa::worship: Easter weekend im going to have a nice rest and refuse to touch a car in service terms. But when I return to work RECARO's will be test fitted and hope to start on battery relocation and fuel pump wiring. Happy easter all and will Update again soon.

cfheadlight.jpg

tip for your CF piece, clear coat it before it sits in the sun too long unless its already be UV protected... it'll go milky otherwise...

Cheers bud looks like its clear coated already, for the time being it will just be sitting in my shop inside in the shade so should be sweet. But will double check before fitting to car. :)

Cheers bud looks like its clear coated already, for the time being it will just be sitting in my shop inside in the shade so should be sweet. But will double check before fitting to car. :)

I doubt it has been clear coated, most cf fabricators don't do that. You're most likely just looking at the wet finish of the resin.

• 2 weeks later...

Well hope easter was good for everyone. So on friday my front calipers arrived. In good condition but unfortunately they have no slides so ill have to find some otherwise the pads wont stay in. I got them cleaned up and sprayed them orange. Originally was gonna be dark purple but couldnt find caliper paint in that colour. Must admit the bright orange shall stand out against the matte black. Also picked up the rear calipers today. Very complete, even came with pretty much new pads. Just need to get the mounting bolts for them. So next to come on the list is get some rotors and then complete the front set up bleed and brakes will be done. Also got myself some 5 core trailer wire so i can wire up the rear end (ie brakes blinkers ect). So now she will stop, now just to make her GO!

Fresh out the box

calipersb4.jpg

Freshly painted

frontcalipers.jpg

Looking like a good thread to follow. Orange calipers definitely going to stand out on the track (but isnt red faster? haha)

I must agree red is faster but everyone has red brakes these days, i want to be diffferent lol.

Hey guys another quick update. Got the rear calipers on saturday, washed and degreased em, then got the same coat of orange paint as the front have. Also sanded back the paint off the raised nissan areas. Also did this on the fronts, look heaps better. Ordered some clips and slide pins for the front calipers (which didnt come with them :S). A little expensive but genuine nissan ones out of melbourne. also sourced some mounting bolts for the rear calipers which wernt included but the pads are brand new :) will now save for slotted rotors and then brakes will be all done :)

Calipers painted and assebled on the bench

rearcalipers.jpg

Hey guys got some goodies delivered up from melbourne nissan. All the slides and everything arrived today. Finnished the rear calipers off. Need to grab some pads for the front along with 4 slotted rotors. All the rear lights are now wired up with the 5 core. Once front harnes is put in can just join the other end of 5 core to the switches. Might even just go a home made switch pannel in the center with all the appropriate switches.

The Goodies :)

brakeparts.jpg

Hey guys and girls. Well i brought some cable today for the battery relocation. The cable for earth and possitive is 4G wire. Which will go from battery to iso switch in the center cluster then to starter ect. Being that the cars original wiring is totally non existant, i mean every harnes has previously been pulled from the car ive decided to start from pretty much scratch. After wiring the rear up the other day as mentioned, ive decided to mount the battery in behind the passenger seat on the floor, this protects it from damage in case of big accident with impact from front or rear. Also brough a pre made fuse box which will be mounted in the center for easier access if any dramas arrise. Also to come will be the relay location instead of the factory engine bay box they will be inside aswell for easy access. Heres a pic of all the gear before intall. Install picks to come shortly.

wiringgear.jpg