SAU Community

Sau Swap Meet

JZP

Hey there, was looking at the old unused/surplus misc Skyline stuff that is piling up in my shed. Really need to sell it methinks.

Tried to get motivated in taking pics, posting up the ads, etc, etc, - then there's the dealing with the punters out there..... ARRRGH - I CBF'ed!! It would be much simpler if I could sell the bits in one go at a swap meet - so here's the thought:

Would there be any interest to run an SAU Swap meet?

Could this be an SAU club event?

I'm sure there are heaps of SAU'ers (and non SAU'ers) that have heaps of spares lying around waiting to be sold, and lots of other enthusiasts waiting for those bargains to come up. We could probably run a show and shine and BBQ at the same time - depends on level of interest and venue....

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember back in the day over on the AE86DC forums, they ran a swap meet and there was HEAPS of interest but when it actually came down to it, no one bought anything lol

Many people brought along parts, from small add on mods, wheels to heads.

Sounded like a great idea to begin with but it was a pretty big fail. It may be different with the SAU community and I guess it wouldn't hurt to give it a go, but thought I'd throw in my experience.

Was thinking that it could be integrated with a show and shine, maybe part of a cruise/destination - maybe a sponsor would have some interest in providing a venue?

I like this idea... ...You're more than welcome to bring it up at the next general meeting...

My Dad runs a market for the Springvale Rotary Club so having a venue wouldn't be a problem... ...But the S'n'S integration is also a good idea...

I've actually been talking to someone about just the same thing as he has heaps of parts lying around he wants to sell (SAU-Vic sponsor).

Could be an option where everyone comes down for a day or something?

People bring whatever and chuck on a BBQ etc.

We would need some foot traffic too - people to buy our gear.

Otherwise it is stall holders buying other stall holder's stuff. You would probably end up in a similar situation as adam raised above.

At least if we did the BBQ thing, sponsors get involved and do the show 'n' shine it would bring some other benefits.

Is it possible to advertise/promote elsewhere?

Well I don't think it could be a traditional style of swap meet in regards to foot traffic.

It would have to be targeted. I mean the workshop I'm talking about almost has enough parts to just do it alone haha, so there would be plenty of stuff.

Then I've got a bucket load of odd bits & pieces as well as I'm sure lots of others would as well.

Could certainly tie in a BBQ etc. End of the day the only people interested would be Skyline owners anyway so the only form of promotion for traffic is SAU etc.

Worst case it fails, best case it's a lot of fun :)

Could certainly tie in a BBQ etc. End of the day the only people interested would be Skyline owners anyway so the only form of promotion for traffic is SAU etc.

Worst case it fails, best case it's a lot of fun :)

I was more thinking of putting the word out via other mediums/forums where Nissan owners lurk.

Like? :D

I think just with Skyline owners there would be enough to kick this off. It might work, it might fail hence not getting too ahead of oneself initially

Valid point (getting ahead of onself...).

I assume the 'Like" refers to FB.... which I stay away from.

SO, how do we get this show on the road?? sounds like we have some interest - probably should get on to this before winter sets in.

Haha no... Like as in, what other mediums to contact/inform people its on?

Will report back over the weekend once I've spoken to a few people and see what can be done

Do we have any affiliations/relationships with other forums? Maybe some sponsors who are across a few forums can 'own' and promote this??

Alternatively we can give it a go ourselves and see how we go.

Aside from that ... nadda....

Do we have any affiliations/relationships with other forums? Maybe some sponsors who are across a few forums can 'own' and promote this??

Alternatively we can give it a go ourselves and see how we go.

Aside from that ... nadda....

I know lots of other clubs, admins etc.

Problem is a swap meet for cars needs to either be small-ish - and skyline only.

Or super-size and have every make model you can think of.

I reckon a SAU one would perhaps be a better start point than not

I reckon a SAU one would perhaps be a better start point than not

Agreed - let's get it on!!