SAU Community

Sau Swap Meet

JZP

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, so what do we need to do to get this thing on the radar and organised?

Should this be put on the SAU events calendar and managed as a club event?

I think a Nissan swap meet rather than Skyline-specific would work better. Remember a lot of mods/upgrades/parts work cross-platform so you are really limiting potential buyers by only inviting SAU Members. Advertise it on and organise it with say NS, MelbS15, JDMST, R31SkylineClub, etc. as well and I dare say it'd be a bigger success.

I've spoken to my dad about doing such a thing and he said he'd be ok with SAU members taking a few spots at the Springvale Rotary Sunday Market. The next one is tomorrow, so it's a bit short on notice. It's always held on the second sunday of the month, in the car park across the road from Sandown train station. The other side of the tracks to the raceway.

The deal would be that it's $10.oo for whoever is selling stuff. (If you come to look it's a gold coin). You park your car on your spot and sell out of your boot. Or if you've got a trailer full of stuff you pop that on your spot and park your car off to the side. You're free to bring whatever tables you like to display stuff.

From the clubs point of view we really don't need to do anything apart from advertise. All the public liability stuff is in the hands of Springvale Rotary. I'll try and get dad to come along to the next SAU meeting and have a chat about maybe getting this thing off the ground. At the moment I can only see advantages for us hoping on a bandwagon that's already on the move. The only thing is that Rotary usually meet on the same night as SAU. We leave mum home alone. :whistling:

Happy to help with this where needed, great idea and I know Luke has heap of skyline parts in the shed he wants to get rid of but neither of us can be bothered listing :whistling:

The idea seems to have quite a bit of interest.

Just need to wait for some people to do some homework.

I've been to Bendigo and Ballarat swap meets more times than I can remember. The idea of going to a swap meet is to buy parts that are rare or cheap. If you had a swap meet and everything was the same price as the forum it negates the whole idea. I bought a pair of lmgt4 17x9.5 that fitted my gtst for $300 for example. People have to be willing to discount their parts for a quick sale if its ever going to work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yep good to go - Micolour is happy to host it.

I'm O/S as of 8hrs from now. Once I'm back (2-3 weeks). I'll get to organising... Watch this space :thumbsup:

Thanks for the update mate