SAU Community

Swisse Men's Ultivite

sloutch

Hi guys,

just wondering if any of you had tried this multi-vitamin? Was thinking going of having a go at it but there seems to be mixed reviews about this product.

Any feedback will be great. Thanks!

Ive been using Swisse Mens Ultivite for a few months now, its the best multi I have ever used, Im 46yrs old now and was feeling that my early morning PT sessions were getting harder due to motivation and early fatigue, since swapping my multi to the Swisse brand I have found new found energy and endurance.

Im a big fan.

Personally not a huge fan of multi vits. Before using them, ask yourself why are you using them? Are you lacking something in your diet? Are you pregnant and need folate ( I am assuming your not ) if you answer no to these then reconsider.

Sunrise morning show has a female doctor on there once a week who is continually saying that studies are showing next to no benefits in taking vitamins, in same cases it actually made things worse.

I was sick for over 2months and unfortunately could not eat much, this was when I used them as I had no other way of getting vitamins. As soon as I could eat I went back off them.

Depends on the person, everyone is different.

Yup.

Begs the question...

...What item/s in the formula are you honing in on?

Are you specific...

...or are you letting off a shotgun into a barrel of fish?

I have some Swiss stuff at home, but its the herbal formula, dont take it to regularly due to me always dry wrenching after breakfast. Must admit, Ive used multi's in the past and never really noticed a difference, but thats how it is with fish oil for me as well.

They were also recently ordered by the TGA to stop making false claims regarding the efficacy of their products.

/Snake oil.

Believe what you will, but no diet no matter how good can give you everything you need! Multi's & other sups simply fill in the holes & guarantee that you are not missing anything that your body needs to function at its best! Go study med, anatomy, nutrition, pharmacology & bio-molecular chemistry if your are unsure of the potential benefits!

Begs the question though, If you do not agree with, understand or dislike sups, then why are you reading & posting here, other than to push your own agenda? Troll much?

Anyway to the OP question, yes I have used Swisse Ultivite F1 (gluten free) for several years now & I will forever! That and Sustagen Sport, swear by that stuff!

I dont feel any dif from taking them (been on them for 9months daily) but yeah the piss is fluro... so its doing something.

I also take BioC daily, Im a daily commuter to the city and Im trying to avoid a cold/flu so far its worked....

If you can be bothered, find out how much of each mineral is "CLAIMED" to be in your MV.

then find out how much of each of those is recommended for you.

My point is that MV don't have enough of anything in them to be of any use.

If you really think you are low on iron, calcium, semen, folate, c, d, etc etc - get a seperate bottle of each and take as required.

Believe what you will, but no diet no matter how good can give you everything you need! Multi's & other sups simply fill in the holes & guarantee that you are not missing anything that your body needs to function at its best! Go study med, anatomy, nutrition, pharmacology & bio-molecular chemistry if your are unsure of the potential benefits!

Begs the question though, If you do not agree with, understand or dislike sups, then why are you reading & posting here, other than to push your own agenda? Troll much?

Anyway to the OP question, yes I have used Swisse Ultivite F1 (gluten free) for several years now & I will forever! That and Sustagen Sport, swear by that stuff!

So hang on, you're the only one that's permitted to have an opinion? What is your agenda? Hipocrisy much?

You don't need to "study med, anatomy, nutrition, pharmacology & bio-molecular chemistry" to have a basic grasp of this stuff; these multi-vitamin products are NOT medicinal, this is why Swisse were slapped on the wrist for their spurious advertising claims.

If they were actual medications, they would have actual medical data and multiple years of clinical trials to back them. They don't.

I'm not anti-vitamin, but as GTST said; if you have a vitamin/mineral deficiency; target it PROPERLY, rather than taking a bunch of minute doses in one tablet.

Link to article; http://www.perthnow....c-1226296183414

"Swisse did not provide evidence to support many claims but did present one report to the panel that proved the Women's Ultivite product helped improve symptoms of pre-menstrual syndrome by 50 per cent.

However, the same study indicated that a non-active placebo also improved symptoms by 28 per cent."

And that's just one of their "Products"...

Edited by Daleo

Daleo I never said you cant express your opinion, and you seem to have no trouble doing so, but my point was that if your not interested in this product, then why are you reading and commenting on it, when the op asked about people who were?

Long story short, taking it is better than not imo however small the benfits are! I have never read their advertising, but i have/do study those topics at uni, as does my house mate whos doing his phd in med & we both believe in the benefits of sups!

GTST a semen deficiency, really?!