5000 RPM = 415 ish HP

5500 RPM = 470 ish HP

6000 RPM = 545 HP

6500 RPM = 610 HP

7000 RPM = 660 HP

7500 RPM = 700 HP

7900 RPM or so = 733 HP

* Going off the brown line

240hp at 4500rpm.....wouldn't want to be taking this thing through many tight twisty roads or traffic. It would feel like a sling shot when it comes on though no doubt. The real shocker is 3000rpm, my stock 10 year old commodore makes more than that at 3000rpm, so just cruising around town this GTR at least in my case would be way too laggy.

Sure the final number is great, about 542rwkw, but for anything other than drag racing, more area under the curve is needed.

Area under the curve doesn't impress most people though compared to a big number, so not a lot of people care which is a shame

Rhe commodore has another 1000cc capacity though

No 2.8l low compression motor that is designed to rev hard is going to be exciting at 3000rpm. Especially when it has big cams etc

Rhe commodore has another 1000cc capacity though

No 2.8l low compression motor that is designed to rev hard is going to be exciting at 3000rpm. Especially when it has big cams etc

Yeah fair enough but also it's a POS and has no turbo.

Anyway, I'm not trying to put this result down or anything, just IMO it doesn't seem to be a very usable car around town. Who knows, the owner may just love revving the shit out of it and good on him cause above 5500rpm it would be moving bigtime and would leave my GTR for dead in a straight line.

FYI Paul makes 201rwhp at 3000rpm, 270 cams, 2.8 etc which is close enough to 2.3 times the power. So yeah has certainly be done.

True!

My 33 made peak torque at 3000rpm can't remember the figure power wise though wouldve been around the 110-120kw range, was a straight line upto 6500rpm :D

Much nicer than the 1j lol

I guess it could also be that if a fast ramp rate was used it would push the curve to the right and make it look laggier than what it is

If you were 'cruising around town' then you wouldn't need to accelerate...so 4th gear at 70KM/H would be fine with low power. And if you did want to accelerate, then simply put it into 2nd (and right into its power band).

Although, I would have to agree that any twisties and it would make a much bigger difference. It's horses for courses.

And yes, zebra, a dyno run may not accurately reflect on-road performance for various reasons - they are really more of a tuning tool.

haha my gtr makes about 65hp at 3000rpm an bout 290hp 5000rpm an only makes 420hp atw 7800rpm pretty sure my car didnt make 100hp at 3000rpm even stocklol if

i wanted low down grunt i'd buy a falcon... but only reving to 6-6.5k? thats a bit gay lol

i wanted low down grunt i'd buy a falcon... but only reving to 6-6.5k? thats a bit gay lol

It was only a matter of time before a comment like that was said! pinch.gif

Is this where I say torque wins races horsepower sells engines?

Give me Paul's RB28 over a 1000hp laggy thing anyway as it would be faster everywhere (Paul's car that is)

hmm stroking the engine is on the verge of cheating lol an if ur gunna stroke it why not go an rb30/26... then why not get a 3.2L stroker kit for it... or why not go one step bigger again an u got a 4l falcon engine lol or i did see a gtr with a gen III v8 under the hood with a cpl turbo's hanging off it lol each to their own. an yes in town i would swap for a stroked engine very quickly, as its rather hard to give it 60% a bit at the lights, its either a full on launch or 4wd diesels can beat me if i idle off lol an thats a little embarressing :blush:

240hp at 4500rpm.....wouldn't want to be taking this thing through many tight twisty roads or traffic. It would feel like a sling shot when it comes on though no doubt. The real shocker is 3000rpm, my stock 10 year old commodore makes more than that at 3000rpm, so just cruising around town this GTR at least in my case would be way too laggy.

Sure the final number is great, about 542rwkw, but for anything other than drag racing, more area under the curve is needed.

Area under the curve doesn't impress most people though compared to a big number, so not a lot of people care which is a shame

You need to come for a drive with me Steveo :)

if you can't drive a car with a 3500RPM powerband you need to stick with your stock commie lol, plenty of fun to be had, just need to know how to change down gears.

you can't compare 3000rpm in a car which is limited at like 6500rpm, and is useless above about 5000, to a car that revs to 8000rpm and has torque to the limiter.