SAU Community

Review: Hankook Ventus Sport K104

That was from the local Jax Tyres. It was weird cause at the time they didn't have any in stock, so I rang the other two Jax's in Canberra and they were $15-20 more per tyre !

So I got the local Jax to order them in. Waited 2 days and saved $80 :)

J

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got four 104's today (235/45/17), still scrubbing them in, but I'll let you know how they are in a few weeks.

For the 4 fitted and balanced they cost me $700 ($175 a piece).

J

DOH! Got same size tyres in ACT for $200 more - RIPPED!

• 6 months later...
I just got four 104's today (235/45/17), still scrubbing them in, but I'll let you know how they are in a few weeks.

For the 4 fitted and balanced they cost me $700 ($175 a piece).

J

Sorry to drag out an old thread but...

Any update on how your tyres performed J?

I am looking at buying 235/45/17 for the front and 255/40/17 for the rear, my total quote including fitting balancing AND a 4 Wheel Alignment is $850. I don't think its possible to get any cheaper :)

Thanks.

I've done nearly 15,000ks on mine and 3 track days, and they are still going :) Should get another 10,000ks out of them i recon, we'll see.

still happy with them and for the price you can't go wrong.

i have 265/35/R18 Ventus K104's on the rear of my line. so far i have found they provide good traction in most weather conditions and 110% better traction in the wet than my old tyres. i like them and will be buying them again

Cool, getting a set of 225, 235/17s in a few weeks after reading the praise in this thread for them. Would get 235 on the front and 245 at the back (as i have 8" and 9" rims front and back) but i think they might rub on the guards.

Cool, getting a set of 225, 235/17s in a few weeks after reading the praise in this thread for them. Would get 235 on the front and 245 at the back (as i have 8" and 9" rims front and back) but i think they might rub on the guards.

I have 235/40/17's on the front on 17 X 8's with no clearance problems.:)

I just had my tyres swapped L <-> R since the camber i run kills the inside of my tyres, insides were starting to show signs of wear, so swapped them over, hopefully give me a few more kms out of them

• 3 weeks later...

Damn, I’ve forgotten how expensive tyres can be. Searching all morning the cheapest I could find was $375 per tyre for 255X40X17. Thank god I found the Hankook's !!!! Just ordered the K104's and should be arriving in a few hours. I managed to find them for $255 each :wassup:

I just ordered a set of K104s today, getting them fitted on friday.

225/45/17s for the front at $185 ea

235/45/17s for the rear at $175 each

Thats including gst, fitting and balancing.

Just got a set of K104's put on today

235/45 $175 each

Hope they go better than the Sava 's I had. they were crap.

Hmmm @ these prices I hope somebody stocks the 275/40/17 's around here. Provided I can safely strectch them over 9.5" rims that'd be sweet. :rofl:

Hmmm @ these prices I hope somebody stocks the 275/40/17 's around here. Provided I can safely strectch them over 9.5" rims that'd be sweet. :rofl:

Phhffff... Thats not stretching, my 235/45/17 are on 9" wide wheels, theyre fine.

Had mine fitted today, feel heaps better than my old tyres (silverstone sport crap).

The guy at the shop said prices were going up by 5% today (1st of april). Not sure if he was just saying that to get me to order them quickly or if he was telling the truth.

Phhffff... Thats not stretching, my 235/45/17 are on 9" wide wheels, theyre fine.

Had mine fitted today, feel heaps better than my old tyres (silverstone sport crap).

The guy at the shop said prices were going up by 5% today (1st of april). Not sure if he was just saying that to get me to order them quickly or if he was telling the truth.

Maybe stretching wasn't the right word, i meant if 275's aren't too wide for 9.5" rims, but think the only limitation is going to have them fit under the guards with the offset these wheels run.

But it's a moot point now, since the guy was sposed to bring them over to a mates on the weekend but never did, gotta chase him up now.