SAU Community

Japanese insurance costs???

hayai32

Oh must have missed this thread while I was away in Aust.

Insurance is quite expensive, reason why not too many new sports cars are modified and old sports are heavily modified. Where do you want your money to go...mods or insurance.

Not to mention foriegners who come over have no insurance history so your insurance is going to be high regardless. The criteria is the same as Aust, where you live and type of car and age of the driver are all taken into account. Over here in Kansai and I'm pretty sure with Tokyo...a Civic Type R is the most expensive to insure while a Chaser V is the cheapest (not including a BNR34). Yes a Civic Type R cost more to insure then my Evo, and an Evo is certainly not cheap to insure.

Everyone please ignore dave's comment he is a country bumkin :mad::D:D

Crime in Japan is relatively low, but increasing especially domestic violence.

Just last night I was at the rail crossing and had to get around the car in front who decided to just stopped just there...the driver and passenger got and was running across to the right...I was thinking WTF. Then I looked to the right there was one guy pinning another guy down with his elbow bashing into his backbone, as the guy pinned down was wearing a helmet. His scooter was still running but on the ground and 15 metres down the road in the gutter.

I don't know what the story is nor was I going to get out of my car to check or help...the passenger was telling kids who were riding pass to move along and directing me to drive around the car. This is probably the second time I have experienced such things in the 5 years I have been here. As I said violence is on the increase and the 2 incidence I encounter are within 12months. It's best to mind your own business especially if your driving a nice car...yakuzas will mind their own business as long as you do as well.

Scary, yet when you live in a town like I do, where a bashing of some 20 year old by a pack of aboriginals is fairly commonplace, it'd almost be boring. :mad: