SAU Community

For Sale R33 1994 Gts-T

Hi,

I am selling my much beloved Skyline and would love to offer it to genuine Skyline lovers. I have owned this for over 10 years and have not changed anything to it since it was imported in 2001. I am no mechanic and really dont know much on specs etc. I just loved the look and power. I have listed it on carsales & the trading post but not having much luck. Just look up the rego GTST25. The price i'm looking for is $9k and believe me it's worth it. $8.5k without roadworthy. Its very driveable and only needs a couple of things for the RWC. Front caster & tie rod end booshes, detach the blow off valve and maybe the 2 front tyres (maybe just ok). It has rego until Dec 2012.

I am buying a new car and unfortunately it is time to sell.

I should mention that this car is situated in Melbourne Victoria.

Reply with any questions and more than happy to respond. Dont make them too technical :)

post-93642-0-38935200-1336105907_thumb.jpgpost-93642-0-99718300-1336105991_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tony Sharps

• 2 weeks later...

Wouldn't be too concerned about price dude, they are just getting harder and harder to sell. I had a pretty stock R33 that I sold at the start of the year. Didn't own it for very long, but was in good condition, very clean and straight, tried to sell it for about 3 months and ended up letting it go for $6,500. Even at that price didn't receive too much attention. There's always a couple of people that are willing to let them go cheap as chips, and that's what 75% of people are expecting now.

Just be patient, and good luck with the sale.

Should I be concerned that no one is interested in buying my car ? Am I seriously asking for too much $$$. I really do not want to go below $8k...........

Wouldn't be too concerned about price dude, they are just getting harder and harder to sell. I had a pretty stock R33 that I sold at the start of the year. Didn't own it for very long, but was in good condition, very clean and straight, tried to sell it for about 3 months and ended up letting it go for $6,500. Even at that price didn't receive too much attention. There's always a couple of people that are willing to let them go cheap as chips, and that's what 75% of people are expecting now.

Just be patient, and good luck with the sale.

[quote name=ClutchBurndout- :(' timestamp='1337954112' post='6371485]

yea im in the same boat as you mate, people dont seem to buy cars like they used to.

It's the new generation of kids. They are too preoccupied with op shopping for vintage clothes to match their stupid hair cuts and no-lenses glasses.

Disclaimer: Just giving my insight because the thread has become conversational

All very true comments above. I've been studying economics this semester and I might be looking into it too much but i'm thinking firstly given the global economic condition of the world is showing a restriction on 'big spending' and the first thing to go in terms of economic hits is the luxuries. I would classify the Skyline as a luxury. It's an expensive thing to run especially with increasing petrol prices when all it does in a utility sense is transport you. Although we all worship the skyline here (I assume) I think there is a definite long-term shift in the demand for this kind of car. These days it's becoming more and more important and fashionable to be 'green' or socially aware. This car goes against that so I think we will definitely see a much smaller buyer market for this kind of car which means two things. Firstly some people will sell theirs and Secondly that less people want to buy them. This is a bad thing for the sellers. Less people buying and more people selling prompts a double shift of the demand curve. Thankfully this time around i'm on the buyer side, I have seen some really nice skylines go for as little as 6k and even then I considered it but was not prompted to act. Although I think if there were another skyline that I was happy with for 6k i'd take it.

There's my procrastination being joined with my revision for my economics exam.

Hopefully this post is well received I just thought i'd take a moment to give my insight from the perspective of my studies this semester. I'm not saying that you should sell your car for 6k just to be clear as the market for skylines is monopolistically competitive because each skyline is unique each seller has a monopoly over their product and can earn a greater profit than the market price if the uniqueness is capitalised upon.

I suggest if you want to get a good price for your skyline sell it based on what makes it unique to other skylines on the market.

Firstly get some more pictures up. sounds obvious but it might just be the right picture at the right angle that captures someone's attention so strongly they just need to have it. also you're probably losign a lot of people because they can't see many vital parts of the car and just close the ad. Engine bay, front, rear.

Edited by jukic.j

Thanks for your comments Jukic. I totally understand your point.

As far as more photos are concerned, the link to carsales has 12 photos and trading post has 9. I'll try and add more photos on this thread but I may have a problem with the actual size allowed in jpeg etc. Either way the uniqueness of this car is simple. Its clean, straight, hasnt been resprayed, always garaged and looked after. Never been in an accident & never thrashed. I'm 45 years old and too old for that. I'm a firm believer in that if you look after your car, the car looks after you. That has been the case in all the cars I've owned. A classic convertible Mustang is next.

Regards

post-93642-0-24759100-1338712417_thumb.jpg

post-93642-0-47798500-1338712512_thumb.jpg

post-93642-0-19990700-1338712543_thumb.jpg

post-93642-0-93062600-1338712603_thumb.jpg

post-93642-0-90511300-1338712720_thumb.jpg

post-93642-0-57322900-1338712756_thumb.jpg

post-93642-0-92900400-1338712789_thumb.jpg

post-93642-0-61307600-1338712822_thumb.jpg

post-93642-0-06517500-1338712856_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tony Sharps