SAU Community

Pro Import R32 Gtr Time Attack Car.

Peter de Beus

Im competing in the dutch time attack championchip with my R32 GTR.

Lot to learn for me on this forum as i am the only one compeating

In time attack with an R32 gtr over here.

something about the car,

specs:

Build Rb26 engine,

(87mm) close to 2.7liter

Wossner pocketed forged pistons 8.2-1CR

Wossner forged steel con rods ARP bouten

ACL race serie's bearings

cranckshaft ballanced and polished

1.4mm Tomei MLS kop pakking

1.2mm oil restrictor naar cilinderkop

Tomei competition sump baffle kit

extendid sump 8.5liter

external head oil return

Tomei bronze valve guides

Tomei Valve retainers and folowers

Tomei B type valve springs 10.85mm

Tomei Procam 270graden 10.25mm lift

Haltech 33mhz boost control kit

Haltech platinum Pro ECU

AET T78-33D Single Turbo with trust 48mm external wastegate

Wiffbitz 3.5'' titanium race exhaust

Apexi 145mm super drag intercooler

Injector dynamics 1000cc injectors

Tomei 280 litre per hour in tank lift pump

Paxton aeromotive fuel pump

Sard Fuel Pressure Regulator

HKS Fuel rail, twin fed 11mm

C's quickshift

OS Giken twin plate clutch

Autosaurus 1 piece lightweight propshaft

Alcon Brake system, 370mm front, 350mm Rear

welded shassis+ Full FIA cage

Custom BC racing suspension system (car is sponsored by BC racing).

8266317.jpg

8249753.jpg

8249752.jpg

4995636.jpg

8247391.jpg

hope you will like it!

Hey, thats Zandvoort. :thumbsup:

I will get my R32 over there one year to do a few European circuits. I imagine Zandvoort would be a touch circuit for a big,powerful Skyline! What sort of times are you doing around there? Any plans to do any upcoming events?

Yes thats zandvoort haha ;)

your right, its not the most easy car to drive on zandvoort, with the tight turns, hills, and few ''brake killing'' brake points.

normaly im round the 2 minute barier on street tyres (we have to run dot tires in the series).

curently im running Falken RT615 semi's in hard compound, with some softer tyres like R888 ill have to take an

extra 3 seconds, will try that later this year.

first event i'm attending will be superlap battle its 17 of june!

You have to go to assen to, its a nice track for skylines, much faster than zandvoort ;)

Edited by Peter de Beus

Was hoping to do Zandvoort in early August but have some other things coming up which means I can't be os until later that month. Zolder and Spa appear to be a good track for street cars with some grunt. :)

I see the car still has plates. How is Holland for registration of modified cars. The cost to register cars in Belgium is rather scary.

Its quite easy to get plates, they don't look at anything. Most difficult is to keep them, as you cant make more then 98db, but normaly its no problem.

Let me know when you come over!

Spa is the best track there is, together with "the ring" ofcoars!

Edited by Peter de Beus

Hey mate,

What gearbox are you running? Fantastic looking 32!!

Not sure whether you were asking about improving lap times, but if you were :P for quicker lap times IMO ... (all relative to budget obviously)

Your engine looks the happiest bw 5500 to 8000 (I like to

400ps at 4500rpm newer turbos can do this) .... with a t78 there is definately time to be gained coming out of a slow corners 70km/h On the tyres you quoted ... I dare say ur loosing seconds off ur lap times as this will compound into the next turns.

What are ur tire options? The ones u quoted are at least a couple of

Seconds slower per lap compared to a Hankook z221 or yoko ao50

or even bridgestone re11s as these are all in the same class in oz...

Good luck for now !!

:cheers:

Thanks mate,

I know i can get seconds quicker with other tires.

I bought those tires for half the normal price, just to try how they are, i will try the the avon zzr or maby the new federal fz201. Yokohama and other brands are difficult to get, and verry verry expensive. Only yoko's that are available are the ad08, but im not sure how good they are....

I need an extra 10kmph in the slow corners.

It would help me with the slow spooling turbo...

Time to import some track tires! Haha

Will be upgrading the turbo for next season to a holset or gtx series or something like that

Yoko AD08's are one of the best street tyres around if not, the best for basically a street "semi" legal tyre. You would definitely pick up some time using better tyres and more speed in the corners!