SAU Community

Interfacing Turbo Timer With Alarm

kyle_24

i have just installed my turbo timer and i bought one of those adapters so i didnt need to cut any wires, but my problem is when i switch the car off the engine still runs which is cool until the timer does its thing but when i go to arm the car only the doors lock. anyone know how i can interface the alarm with the timer or anywhere i can go get it done.

any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated

I agree although my skyline has a working interface alarm/ turbo timer. But it was like that, and i never ever use the turbo timer unless i do an occasional track day but turbo times are just annoying, and to many dramas. I would suggest removing turbo timer (Useless function ) unless your smashing your car for long periods of time on the road which we hope your not :/

yeh i know but since i have it i might as well use it. asked a few auto sparkys and got different views. some say u need a module in ur alarm, some say change it to igniton key side, some say chuck a couple of relays in.

• 3 weeks later...

yep .. piss the timer off..

Hi chris

I've heard this a few times in regards timers and alarms. I'm currently running a timer in my R32 however would like to install an alarm and remote central locking. Is there any way for the timer and alarm to work harmoniously together or is pissing the timer off the best option. If so why? Thanks in advance for your time and knowledge.

(cynical mode )

so you want me to come take your car in the middle of the night ? may as well you have made the 3 basic things a lot easier for me to access..

(/cynical mode)

in all honesty find a unit that has one built in or one that will allow a timer to work with it.

autowatch have them built in and they can be wired accordingly with various countermeasures. ( customers of mine know what this means - send me a PM and I will explain it.)

mongoose will go either way. they have the ability to act as a timer or will work with one IF they are setup correctly.

its more about install than alarm though.

guess my post didnt show up, the guys at an alarm shop replaced the chip inside my alarm allowing a turbo timer to be used with it. no needing to change anything, the chip cost $20-30