SAU Community

Yellow R34 G T R Detail Pics

Hello,

Thought i would share some of the pics from the detail on my car done by fellow SAU'er Eugene aka JDMPerformance, some really good shots, the car turned out perfect... anyways will let the pics do the talking.

paint measurements, always nice to get confirmation of original paint!

gallery_85191_4683_146471.jpg

gallery_85191_4683_50517.jpg

some before and afters...

gallery_85191_4683_18088.jpg

gallery_85191_4683_74620.jpg

gallery_85191_4683_114590.jpg

gallery_85191_4683_101115.jpg

gallery_85191_4683_60866.jpg

gallery_85191_4683_44727.jpg

gallery_85191_4683_44899.jpg

gallery_85191_4683_2449.jpg

gallery_85191_4683_275504.jpg

gallery_85191_4683_5854.jpg

and the finished product!

gallery_85191_4683_137910.jpg

gallery_85191_4683_244726.jpg

gallery_85191_4683_199790.jpg

hope you guys enjoyed the pics,

Cheers,

Anthony

what polishes etc and polisher did you use

Can't remember off the top of my head sorry, will have to look through past emails to see if Eugene mentioned what he uses.. I didn't do the detail myself

looking good btw :rolleyes:

Cheers mate, been admiring your car in the thread you started recently, seems we have very similar tastes when it comes to modifying these cars :) I have changed my car a lot from when I bought it also.. Have thought about starting a thread onit, one day, maybe when it's more complete ha...

Nice one Anthony. Can always trust Eugene to do a top class job. Did he say that the yellow was any harder to work on than other colours?

Very much so Matt! Ahh I don't remember if he said it was very hard or not, he did spend a lot of time onit though! Did you end up getting a detail done from him recently?

Looks amazing mate beautiful car!

Thanks mate, seen a few pics of your car around also.. looks very clean, hopefully see it in person one day. you going to old pac highway cruise next sat night? I should be there if you decide to come.. would like to see a few 23Rs there :)

No not yet mate. Has been hard to find a weekend off lately, for both of us.

I think Eugene uses Menzerna, but also a few other brands too.

fair enough mate.. and yea that rings a bell for him using that stuff...

you getting next sat night off for the old pac cruise above? should be pretty fun.. would be good to catchup either way..

It's interesting isn't it that with Eugene's paint thickness gauge - on R34 GTRs...

* 230 microns with Bayside Blue

* 195 microns with Midnight Purple III

* 125 microns with Yellow

* 90 microns with White (albeit on an N1)

It's interesting isn't it that with Eugene's paint thickness gauge - on R34 GTRs...

* 230 microns with Bayside Blue

* 195 microns with Midnight Purple III

* 125 microns with Yellow

* 90 microns with White (albeit on an N1)

very interesting!

im guessing the yellow and the whites are thinner (guessing a non N1 white would be around the 125mm mark also) as they dont contain any pearl/metallic particals maybe?... dont really know?..

very interesting!

im guessing the yellow and the whites are thinner (guessing a non N1 white would be around the 125mm mark also) as they dont contain any pearl/metallic particals maybe?... dont really know?..

This makes sense. If the paint is a clearcoat type there will probably also be another layer on top to factor in.

Don't think I'll be at Old Pac unfortunately mate, but maybe catch you at the next one.

Btw out of curiosity did you realise putting the letters "GTR" in all caps next to each other in the thread title would result in the forums changing it to "Gtr" which is why you added spaces? So detail-minded, haha :)

Edit*

Sorry but the Bayside Blue was 323 microns = 4 layer paint.

The base coat had to be just right, when the skirts and splitter were done.

Every panel showed up similar too.

EugeneDetail14.jpg

The colour code may be identical but it's the number of coats / depth of the coat on the N1 that's likely to be thinner. There were a whole bunch of weight saving measures on the BNR34 N1 some of which were very minute.

The colour code may be identical but it's the number of coats / depth of the coat on the N1 that's likely to be thinner. There were a whole bunch of weight saving measures on the BNR34 N1 some of which were very minute.

It all adds up.

It all adds up.

Yeah I guess the slight irony is that with the N1s designed to go to race teams there would be livery (vinyls, stickers, etc) commonly applied to the body, adding weight again. But the thinner paint (if it is in fact thinner) would help offset that...

Back OT, Anthony, did Eugene advise you on what product you should use on the car now that it has a sealant applied, to maintain the finish; and how often?

Cheers

Matt

Yes i did ask Eugene for some guidance about how to keep it looking good.

Pretty simple really.

PH balanced wash with microfibre sponge/wash mit so it doesnt strip the wax, and inbetween washes dust/dirt can be removed with microfibre towels and quick detailer. washed only when required etc.. will require more sealant as required also etc..

to be honest, keeping my car clean has been really easy, as its only a weekender etc, and not driven regularly, it usually gets a waterless clean after every drive if i have time :) bit over the top, but easier than a full wash and probably less damaging if im only removing road grime etc.. wipes of very easy with a good sealant onit!