SAU Community

Tein Coilovers

bjd

Hi

I have searched and read all the info on the correct coilovers for a Stagea RS Four S.

So I am aware that the rears are the fork type.

My question is does anyone know what Teins will fit this model as I have had differing opinions from both fulcrum and online searches. Im after the exact part number.

Fulcrum have told me that these will fit but Im not so sure. Basic Flex Wagon GSN78-T1SS2.

They also told me if they are not the rear fork type that they can convert them to be the rear fork..... Hmmm not so sure about that one either....

Thanks for the help.

The 260rs's ran the same suspension setup as the manuals so they might have a listing for that

Bo be honest, everyone seeems over the moon with their bc's

I'd say that the tiens will be very stiff like most Japan coilovers, the bc's are reported to ride very well on the soft settings

Spoke with Fulcrum turns out they make the Basic flex wagon in a rear fork model. In regards to firmness Tein are softer than BC's. Tein spring rate of 6kg BC's are around 8kg making Tein a much more comfy ride not sure why everyone saying there harder.

• 5 months later...

Spoke with Fulcrum turns out they make the Basic flex wagon in a rear fork model. In regards to firmness Tein are softer than BC's. Tein spring rate of 6kg BC's are around 8kg making Tein a much more comfy ride not sure why everyone saying there harder.

Did u end up getting tiens for ur car?

Did u end up getting tiens for ur car?

Yeah mate got them through Fulcrum they did have to modify them to be rear fork type but at no extra cost. They are a very nice ride and certainly worth every penny.

Yeah mate got them through Fulcrum they did have to modify them to be rear fork type but at no extra cost. They are a very nice ride and certainly worth every penny.

Awesome, I'll pop in and see them next week. What spring rate did u end up with mate?

Yeah they were $1570 plus install and wheel alignment.

The car is up for sale in the For Sale whole cars thread starting at $11000 with plenty of extras. Will consider all reasonable offers.

RS4S Factory manual 5 speed.

Just dont believe thier bs about them being rebuildable. When u take them in for a rebuild they'll tell u its gonna cost $2k and tell u just to buy a new set.

Just dont believe thier bs about them being rebuildable. When u take them in for a rebuild they'll tell u its gonna cost $2k and tell u just to buy a new set.

Still there far superior than all the cheaper Chinese/Thailand Coilovers and at not niche more than a few hundred $$$

I sure know what I'd rather be driving around on.

Ben,

I have spoken to fulcrum at yerongpilly, they recon they can't help me. He told me if I could give them ur full name and date of invoice he could dig up ur invoice and find the details of what u have and what they needed to do to get them to fit. Could u pm a part number ect to help out?

Thanks mate

Ben,

I have spoken to fulcrum at yerongpilly, they recon they can't help me. He told me if I could give them ur full name and date of invoice he could dig up ur invoice and find the details of what u have and what they needed to do to get them to fit. Could u pm a part number ect to help out?

Thanks mate

Mate ring Shane @ Fulcrum Capalaba on 33903900

He will know exactly what you need they did a great job even had me come back to make sure ride height settled ok and gave me another wheel alignment at no cost.

The part #GSN78-T1SS2

He had them modified to fit and no issues at all.

Soo fulcrum have quoted $2472 in total for tein superflex wagon coilovers, they would have to modify them using my oem forks off the standard struts.

I got the Basic Flex as the Super flex are to hard in my opinion for daily driving. They did not use my forks from my oem struts they made up there own. Like I said call Shane at Capalaba.

I got the Basic Flex as the Super flex are to hard in my opinion for daily driving. They did not use my forks from my oem struts they made up there own. Like I said call Shane at Capalaba.

That doesn't even make sense. why they would need to modify anything?? They already do a manual type. Besides the rears are just r33 gtr bodies with an s14 top plate (and valving for stagea). All the parts would have been on the shelf. As cheap as the Chinese stuff is (and having tried nismo's, tein's, hsd's and bc's) they are just as good as the tein's for the street. But nothing compares to the nismo's !!