SAU Community

Coilover Compare

so after noticing two of my 6yo (prob 150000km's) g4 coilovers are leaking and being quoted 250 a corner to repair i will ask a simple question

am i wasting 1300 if i buy the bc's???

these g4's are really back breakers but learnt to live with them, should i be expecting the same??

now that i can spend whatever really (finished uni) for "brand name" new coilovers should i? but for a street car (not a daily) that sees maybe the track maybe four times a year i am probably better spending the extra say 700 (i would be paying around 1900 for aussie spec tein super street) on replacing bushes etc

think i am answering my own question though lol

after your thoughts peeps

cheers

mick

i chose greddy for the streets mainly because they offer a progressive spring rate, bit more forgiving for everyday bumps and train tracks but i still rather go with bilsteins and some good springs to match

Thanks for the replies.

I aint sure bout the spring rates on the g4's as it was ages ago I got them. When i push down on the front corner of my car it barely moves. Just Jap ensured me that this was a standard spring rate when i got them though. Highly doubt it though. I Should test them now that they are coming out actually.

I bought these yesterday though

post-42311-0-19932000-1338634255_thumb.jpg

Cant wait to see the result

Mick