SAU Community

Pics of Stagea interior???

sven laptop

G'day, I hope someone can help.

I want to import a 1999 or 2000 model Stagea (the AWD RB25DET version), but the opposition leader (my wife) won't agree on spending the money until she knows what it looks like inside.

I've seen plenty of pics of earlier models but can't find interior shots of this model.

Can anyone help???

Cheers - Sven

Take her along to a car dealership.

You'd be suprised at how many dealerships happen to have a Stagea just sitting there. :P

Maybe once she's had a sit in one, she will change her mind.

Well, she hates riding in my R33 GTST because of the big bulge that comes out of the transmission tunnel & takes up so much passenger footroom.

Also the boot's not real big when you've gotta load a pram & other assorted baby stuff in there.

Bu the Stagea interior colours are the problem.

I've seen that pic of a 98 interior before & it looks like a cat has vomited on the upholstery.

But I want to see inside a 99 or 2000 model (they updated the Stagea in late 98 with more power & a slightly different face) to see if it looks any different.

PS: I've already looked at every Stagea pic that Prestige Motorsport has on its site, but alas, no 99 or '00 interiors to be found!

Anyway, thanks for your help fellas.

Stagea Interior Pictures:

M35-4.JPG

M35-1.JPG

Okay, these are the only images i could find, i think they're 2000 model, i am not 100% correct sure, sorry if they're not, anyway here you go.

1997 Interior:

2005-04.JPG

It seems Nissan had a big upgrade from the 1997 interior, the 1997 interior dosen't even compete with the 2000 + interior, anyways goodluck in your quest of finding a 1999 or 2000 Stagea. :)

sock

:headspin:

The interior can't differ that much...still WGCN34, but Dave's on the money...the late 98 model Autos got the tiptronic AT plus shifters on the steering wheel.

Sock: the white interior you've shown are the M35 2001 Stageas...which you can see has the same interior theme seen throughout all the later Nissans.

The 2001 interior looks very symmetrical. this is probably for easy conversion to american/european markets. The earlier models don't look quite as good as skyline interiors, but then again, they're not exactly skylines.

• 2 weeks later...

SKY 031, you are a legend - that's exactly what I was looking for (found it on the Nissan website, thanks to your link!).

Definitely an improvement over the interior on the earlier model.

As for the other photos posted here, I like that interior, but I agree it must be the more recent model (M35).

So thanks to everyone who helped.

As for ugliness, beauty is in the eye of the beholder & if anyone can find me a 280hp AWD wagon that looks better for under $25,000 then I'll certainly consider it!

• 5 years later...

...bit of a timewarp there :)

but awesome interior John. You're lucky to have found a S2 in bayside blue AND a prime version! do you like the wood?

ps i know exactly what you mean about there being nothing to replace it with! certainly not an australian-made wagon! Only a GTR... and that has a tiny boot

Argghhh.. caught me out replying with photos to a 2004 post!!

I subsequently deleted it....

But to answer your question. I love the wood... I like the feel of the wheel and the way that it slips easy though my hand until I hit the leather bits.... gives very good control.

The fake wood dash I like too. Being a pom (29 years ago in another life) it was always more prestigeous. I think that Nissan did a great job on the interiors. The series one is a bit ritzy japanesey for me though.... but if you compare them to any aussie car, well, there isn't any comparison there either. Sure beats houndstooth checker!!

In my original post I said that I had thought about moving on to something else many times.... but that I always come to the same conclusion.......there isn't anything to replace it with!!

(OK maybe there is if I go and spend $80,000+)!

Haha yeah I noticed the photos gone when I hit "reply"!

I found the opposite with the woodgrain wheel (mine's a 'prime' and thus originally had all the woodgrain trim too) - I found the woodgrain part at the top 2/3rds too grippy, and it wouldn't slip through my hands like the leather.

But the woodgrain was a classy look; I just liked the metallic-silver look better (I'm not talking about the bright silver of the series 1's, that was different - too bright - but series 2's have a darker, almost charcoal, metallic silver which is a bit more classy IMO).

PS houndstooth checker lol! never seen that but I wonder if the bright green tartan of the TR7's over here could give that a run for its money...