SAU Community

Newbie From Brisbane With A Stagea Rs4 S1

Troppo

Hi all,

I tried to go to the introduce yourself section of this forum but it comes up with an error msg. So seeing I joined to talk about & find out about Stagea's, I thought I would introduce myself here.

I once owned a 93 Skyline R33 sedan and loved it but it had some issues (bought it from a dodgy import dealer) so I got rid of it, then after the next non grey import and too much attention from the fuzz I got into four wheel driving to slow me down etc. So after a long time my love for fast cars has come back & now I'm a dad I needed something practical like the 4x4 but something to still enjoy and admire. Enter the Stagea....I just bought a low km series one auto Stagea RS4 AWD with Hicas :unsure: (Already looking at Hicas lock out bar)

So I have a few questions that I couldn't find exact answers too:

1. My Keyless entry doesn't work?, (I replaced the battery as I'm the first owner of this car in Australia)

2. Where can I get a workshop manual in English? (PDF format is fine)

3. Do these cars have a factory immobiliser?

4. Do Stagea's use OBDII diagnostics as I have a Scan Gauge II from my previous vehicle?

5. Where is the plug for the above?

Thanks for any help, it would be much appreciated.

post-95315-0-06524900-1339469895_thumb.jpg

Welcome, you will find answers to most of ur questions if u use the search function, just have to do a bit of reading. Just saying this cause ppl usually get flamed for asking question that hsve been answered a million times before, the answer to ur keyless entry should be in the stagea diy section

Welcome, you will find answers to most of ur questions if u use the search function, just have to do a bit of reading. Just saying this cause ppl usually get flamed for asking question that hsve been answered a million times before, the answer to ur keyless entry should be in the stagea diy section

I did do some searching but maybe not enough....thanks for the heads up!

Welcome, Nice stagea, The Stagea's always look the best with the dayz front bumper.

I like this body kit, the side skirts are a bit damaged though by the previous owner from Japan.

When I go to the DIY thread I get this msg: :(

[#404] Sorry, we could not locate the page you are requesting to view. Please click here to return to the community index

Hi

should be able to find workshop manual on ebay, no factory immobiliser.

I wouldnt put a hicas lockout bar on unless you get an aftermarket ecu as it will cause the stock ecu to think that your hicas is failing and may cause more ecu issues than its worth.. Thats the advice my mechanic gave me and he should know as he had a Stagea and did so with his...

Hi

should be able to find workshop manual on ebay, no factory immobiliser.

I wouldnt put a hicas lockout bar on unless you get an aftermarket ecu as it will cause the stock ecu to think that your hicas is failing and may cause more ecu issues than its worth.. Thats the advice my mechanic gave me and he should know as he had a Stagea and did so with his...

Thanks, I'll check out Ebay for the manual & thanks for the info on the lock out bar, but I already bought one.... Now I'll have to sort the ECU out, it never ends with modifying does it :rolleyes:

Just ordered the manual from ebay, thanks bjd. Where should I get a immobilizer fitted in the SE Brisbane area? I want to search the DIY section, but each time I get an error or it kicks me out back to the main forum page.... Moderators help needed!!!

A lot of info seems to have got lost/become inaccessible since the last revamp of the Website.

So far as I know the workshop manual has not yet been translated. There is an owner's handbook available. You can find R33 manuals online which take care of most of the mechanicals.

Does your central locking work? There is a tutorial on how to tune your key to the car but maybe the receiver is faulty.

The ecu is accessible via Nissan Consult not OBD - there are a number of aftermarket devices such as ecu talk

http://www.ecutalk.com/

that give you access mainly on a read only basis. The plug is behind the coin holder to the left of the fusebox.

HiCas delete should be the same as for the R33 so have a look in the skyline section (hopefully that is not broken too) and there are tutorials on getting rid of the hicas.

Thanks Kiwi,

I ordered a CD service manual off eBay today...

It's a shame all that info isn't accessible as its one of the reasons I joined this forum. Is it going to be fixed?? The Hicas lock out bar details have been explained to me. I will try searching the Skyline section for the other issues... Thanks again!

make sure you check the threads for the latest qld Stagea meet: confirmed for Sunday 24th June: would be good to have you along...

Thanks for the invite - I'll try and make it, but the day before the Stag is in the workshop getting coilovers, tie rods & Hicas lock out bar fitted. So hopefully it all goes to plan!?! Edited by Troppo

I'm in Brissy & have Nistune consult cable & software, I can come round & give you a hand if you like?

Thanks RB Bluey, if I can't get the central locking working I might take you up on that offer...

consult won't help with the central locking

it has probably had an aftermarket alarm/immobiliser installed at some point and they may have cut something

i'd be getting an adr compliant immobilizer fitted anyway as justcar won't insure you without one and most places give you a discount if you have one fitted

i'd be getting an adr compliant immobilizer fitted anyway as justcar won't insure you without one and most places give you a discount if you have one fitted

technically not correct, they will still insure you and take your money, but if it's not installed and you try to make a theft claim they will turn around and say no because it's one of our conditions that it is fitted. i really should get round to installing one in mine someday. :unsure: