SAU Community

July Photo Thread

MaTBoY

Haha thanks Jay :P

that's pretty fcuking good for 1 second!!! Super steady hands right thurrrrrrrr!

A random shot from Shannons Nationals.

7656442908_b86253f86e_o.jpg

i was cheating tho, my camera is a range finder so I can look through the viewfinder. :P

it was a heap of fun tho so i'll probably give it a try again and see what I can come up with.

A DSLR would go black as its taking the pic which would make it heaps harder.

love the atmosphere in that shot

7642854934_7b4930f8da_b.jpg

I like that landscape shot matt, good perspective!

i agree, point of view is awesome and the framing is spot on! only thing i would have done different is stand on the other side of the pylon. or maybe even standing closer to the camera, like on the rocks in the foreground, walking toward the bridge. man, wish we had stuff like that down here to discover.

did you change the aperture or shutter speed between shots?

Edited by Jay019

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

damn, too late to edit.

oh well... set up a rig for my scooter today :P

387109_263188277129253_1451151747_n.jpg

had a go at removing the pole and shadow. got the the tyre and gave up, i dont have the skills for that, haha.

its a monopod mounted to the rear rack. can still extend out further, but have to find somewhere with plenty of space and little traffic to try it out

Edited by Jay019

<p>You can't stand where you suggest because there's a big arse ravine thing there.<br />

Putting him right between pylons would have been rad for sure!<br />

<br />

He's close to the pylons to really emphasis how big they are. Those sandstone bricks are about 20cm high and 60cm long each. Needed the person to give it the sense of scale. The bridge is about 15 metres high i reckon, maybe even 20.</p>

<p>changed shutter speeds, changing ap will change sharpness. Only use Ap if shutter speed is paramount to what your capturing.<br />

<br />

What did u end up booming with?</p>

<p> </p>

<p>shot some water n stuff...<br />

7656287466_ca80aa4131_b.jpg</p>

<p> </p>

<p>7656578430_b54f8a0d7e_b.jpg</p>

<p> </p>

<p>7660619372_1115d43d11_b.jpg</p>

Edited by MaTBoY

ah fair enough. looks like a rad spot.

i just used a monopod bolted to the rear rack with some hose clamp things i bought a while ago. needs some work, but does the job.

aweomse seascapes!

^indeed nice seascapes man..

E-shoot before I flew to london:

002.jpg

006.jpg

Rest on my blog if you keen.

Gotta start editing my London wedding gig.. Took so many pics there :(

Can I just say that London DJ's are so much better than here. Their setups are so much more elaborate AND BETTER!!!!!!!

When I come home from a wedding here my ears are ringing from the shitty speakers. Over there the wedding had three different Dj's over the days and all three of them had awesome setups which took more than an hour atleast to setup. They all had atleast 4 people in the crew. Not at any stage did my ears ring or did I go deaf. Quality speakers thats for sure!!

I actually asked one of them how much their whole setup costs and he said he has invested 60,000 pounds!!!! Thats right 60,000 pounds. Anyways I will try and get some pics up from the london gig :)

Nice work Sidd, so are you back? I'm sure if you went around to a few parties and stuff you'd find more dj's would be similar to over here than that. Were they fully commercial dudes or what?

Anyway, I'm starting on the painted shots from the red silvia set. here's the first.

7676238320_925e0449fd_b.jpg

I'm back :) Wish I was still over there.

What I meant was the actual equipment and having quality gear. Trust me I have been to so many weddings and none of them have that sort of gear.

Nice pic of the s15 btw :)

• 2 weeks later...

thanks man :) Appreciate it!

Kory, you've made me wanna head south. ALl the shots from P.I. look amazing! Shooting next to the ocean. not to mention the grass is actually green :P

Here's some a shot with some greenage. and NOT A CAR IN SIGHT!

7642854934_7b4930f8da_b.jpg

lapston bridge if I'm not mistaken?

fun to absail at midnight....