SAU Community

Better Intake Options When Going To Map Sensor?

Wow never heard of any thin happening like that here most i have seen them touch is the battery to see if its secure and the tyres thats it? but i guess thry could if they wanted to i mean if u get the car passed for emissions then you wouldnt have the worry at all ?

Wow never heard of any thin happening like that here most i have seen them touch is the battery to see if its secure and the tyres thats it? but i guess thry could if they wanted to i mean if u get the car passed for emissions then you wouldnt have the worry at all ?

Nah. Depends where you are to some extent, but even here in SA, where the cops are not so bad and the rules are not so rigid, you simply cannot get an aftermarket ECU legal in a registered car unless it is fully engineered, and basically locked so you can't tune it. That is pretty much the case anywhere. So even if you have a Motec tuned to within an inch of it's life, fully compliant with the latest Euro emissions standards.....it's still not legal (unless locked up as above).

Just don't be a 'brother' and hangout/do skidzzzzz/be a tool/eat kababs in the 'known' hotspots and you should be ok.

They setup in random locations/times of day down here.

My best mate was done literally 1km from Penguin or Watson (can't remember which), at 3pm on a Tues IIRC. So you are definitely copping the same shit we have beem

Mate of mine just got pulled up in his 31 has rb25 high mount screamer pipe frount mount 33 brake converaion and hes grafter an r33 rear cradle into the car with an r200 diff.... got defected for wheels out of guards and dark tint??? didnt even have problems with the turbo caz the pod was covered in a box lol

Hey umm... Call me crazy but if your looking for a cheap fix, why not just use a bit of 80mm pipe and 2 hose clamps? Weld a lip on the ends if you really wanna go all out?

^^ yeah that was my thinking, chuck the stock airbox back in while your at it, will look more legit....

I mean if you are worried about police checks why have pods or blue hoses everywhere , smoke and mirrors will work wonders 99% of the time and having just seen pics of your bay on stance, I'd say all black hosing and factory airbox would do wonders for your bay, it would be much more photogenic and it would look standard which is what you want if your in Vic...just my personal opinion ;)

or if cops ask questions you could try say its a NUR and this model didnt use AFMs from factory :)

it's not a cop thing why i'm getting delete pipes made. They're Nismo AFM's going for $600 odd and i'm not using them.... seems absolutely pointless to have them sitting there, doing nothing.