SAU Community

Nissan Skyline R34 Air Conditioning Need Help

Hey guys, I’m new to this and also don’t have much car knowledge so just in advance I will apologise for any mistakes I make.

Anyways, my Nissan skyline r34 1998 4 door sedan's air-conditioning stopped working out of the blue a few weeks back. I am still not sure of what the problem is actually so I thought I would post it up and someone would be able to tell me. Whilst driving I used to get hot air blowing onto my feet even when the air-con was switched off, and then a few weeks later I ‘THINK’ I heard a little thud and my air-con stopped working. I got it checked by a mechanic and he said something I couldn’t really understand (he said something along the lines of: the computer that sends the message to the air-con to work isn’t sending the message or it could be faulty wiring and he quoted me $1000-$2000, for a 4 door r34, that’s defiantly not worth it). Firstly all the parts are working, the condenser kicks in when you press the air-con button, the car has been re-gassed, and the fan under the passenger side glove box still works. I have no idea what the problem is, the demisters will work but I get no air pressure from the air-con to my face or feet so neither cool or hot air blows. I was wondering if anybody knows of this problem or have experienced it before, any information would be appreciated. Please feel free to ask questions and I will try my best to answer them. Also, if anybody knows of a cheap auto electrician in Sydney please gives me the details.

Thanks guys

All help is much appreciated