SAU Community

Interesting Wine/crunch Noise From R33 :(

Hi,

I have a clunking whining noise from my r33 when at a low rev sometimes and also hops and feels like traction control is on when it is about 5000rpms?

Any awnsers would help?

Thanks Alex

Yeah it's shuddering,

It starts shuddering when it's at about 5000rpm and doesn't wanna go any further, it's feeling like the car is redlining and the whole car is shuddering.

It's not a build up because it's smooth Intil it hits the 5000rpm.

It's sounding like traction control is on when you lose control in the wet and it's that jumpy feeling.

It's causing the back wheels to rumble real bad.

It doesn't matter what gear I'm in the engine runs out of rev.

That 'shuddering' at 5000 RPM is probably the car mis-firing. Mine did the same thing when I removed the boost restrictor. So try new sparkplugs first and if that doesn't do it then maybe coilpacks?

The car has been sitting a while so I'll change plugs, get coilpacks tested, change fuel filter, bottle of injector fluid and see how it goes.

I'll try that tonight.

are the engine mounts good and is the exhaust supported properly, the engine moves when your under that much load and also when your just driving from low speed, if your mounts or your exhaust are not solid then it might feel like a shuddering or like its hitting a wall. :whistling: