SAU Community

N/a Skyline Question

So I've been told that Supra's drink petrol like its water.

Well I can give you the exact answer your looking for.

I get a good 425KM running on a full tank of Premium 98 before the empty light comes on. I believe it could do at least 450KM before I start running on fumes, but I tend not to risk it, although I do plan to run completely dry until my 34 becomes dehydrated to the point the engine shuts off just to see the MAXIMUM it can do on a full tank.

Gotta get myself a Jerry can first.

But to answer your question, 425KM on full tank of 98. Auto R34 25GT with RB25DE, no mods. Costs me about $140 a week though to run, since it's my daily and I drive it to city and back most days.

you should have roughly 10L of fuel left in the tank once the light comes on. in the case of my commodore though, i drove from gympie to noosa (just over 60kms) with the light on and then filled up to find i still had about 10L left in the tank. in the pulsar though, the light comes on fully with about 8L to go, but starts coming on then going off at about 11L to go.

back on topic though, if you want something RWD with better fuel economy than a skyline or supra, then get a silvia. the SR20 is a more fuel effecient motor.

you guys talk about your fuel light coming on, was that an optional extra?

Don't know if your being sarcastic or not :unsure:

But if legit question, you don't have a fuel warning light on your cluster?

Don't know if your being sarcastic or not :unsure:

But if legit question, you don't have a fuel warning light on your cluster?

not being sarcastic, looking back now the post does sound very dumb.

I actually dont have one, looked real hard at the dash too. I managed to run my tank almost empty to see if anything lights up.

I've heard of other skylines being like this, but im not concerned with it so never bothered looking it up.

I was under the idea that the na models, being the cheaper ones, nissan might have skipped over that.

Thia is nissan where talking about they are smart enough to offer warning lights as standard on all models. anyway im curious the price difference when new between the turbos and na's im guessing 35000 for a basr model NA.

mines an auto n/a and i get around 400-450kms out of a tank of 95 mixed highway and town, good weeks i can push 500 before running on fumes, mostly highway .... but if you put your foot down it can easily only do 300-350 flogged around town ....

I actually dont have one, looked real hard at the dash too. I managed to run my tank almost empty to see if anything lights up.

I've heard of other skylines being like this, but im not concerned with it so never bothered looking it up.

I was under the idea that the na models, being the cheaper ones, nissan might have skipped over that.

My 34 is NA. maybe a pre-R34 thing? or perhaps your LED blew out.

they certainly have one. all modern cars do. there would probably be some sort of regulation that requires it.

it may be that the bulb is blown or the sensor in the tank is faulty.

i'm trying to remember where it is in the r33. i have a feeling it may be in the same cirlce as the fuel gauge, rather than being a seperate light like the handbrake light, etc. but if someone has a cluster handy, they could just remove the bulbs at the back and shine a torch through and you would see what each bulb does when you look at it from the front