SAU Community

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Grimesy

Thought i would start this in here.

Anyone played it as of yet?

Anyone going to get it?

Thoughts or opinions of it if you have already played it.

As for me, mine is downloading while i am at work. I will post how it is after work.

You should have access to the open beta as off now if you pre-purchased it.

Played it for a bit, feels like CSS with uprated graphics. You need to play with the settings though, stuff like mouse acceleration are on by default.

Other than that it plays really well.

• 2 weeks later...

i bought this last week. was surprised to see it was only $15 on steam. not bad for gameplay. i think the skins need to be updated (t's and ct's are hard to tell apart) and the buy menu is definitely console oriented now. bit annoying that they changed the shortcut keys for a couple of things. still good fun though. havent played cs for the last year or 2 lol

As a CS player since the very first version in 1999 until now, I honestly say, congrats for attempting to botox some life into CS but I must say, it's just simply fcuking gay.

I would not recommend it to anyone. Overall the game seems and feels too animated. Not to mention silencers are out, the gayest tip of the dick is the new decoy grenade (does this even exist? LOL). You throw it like any grenade and it explodes into sound of gun fire for about 4 seconds.

CS Mod - Cool mod

CS 1.0 Stand alone - Good

CS 1.5 - Better

CS 1.6 - Great!

CS:CZ - Best CS out (in my opinion anyway, a good balance of graphics, not too stupidly animated but better than 1.6)

CS:S - Great-ish, better graphics but guns look like Go-Lo toys. This is the tip of the iceberg

CS:GO - A ride in a theme park. Tip of a gay's dick.

When I figured it was released, being a CS player for all these years, I impulsed into buying it, played the first minute in the training mode, was shit. Started a bot game thought it would be better LOL. After a fruitful win in the first round, the second round was an uninstall and delete.

As a CS player since the very first version in 1999 until now, I honestly say, congrats for attempting to botox some life into CS but I must say, it's just simply fcuking gay.

I would not recommend it to anyone. Overall the game seems and feels too animated. Not to mention silencers are out, the gayest tip of the dick is the new decoy grenade (does this even exist? LOL). You throw it like any grenade and it explodes into sound of gun fire for about 4 seconds.

CS Mod - Cool mod

CS 1.0 Stand alone - Good

CS 1.5 - Better

CS 1.6 - Great!

CS:CZ - Best CS out (in my opinion anyway, a good balance of graphics, not too stupidly animated but better than 1.6)

CS:S - Great-ish, better graphics but guns look like Go-Lo toys. This is the tip of the iceberg

CS:GO - A ride in a theme park. Tip of a gay's dick.

When I figured it was released, being a CS player for all these years, I impulsed into buying it, played the first minute in the training mode, was shit. Started a bot game thought it would be better LOL. After a fruitful win in the first round, the second round was an uninstall and delete.

Id be the same I think, not gonna even bother. I starting playing in 1.0, soo long ago now lol.. 1.3 was where it was at :D bunnyhopping all over the place haha. 1.6 was great till they removed the quick scope/nade trick with the awp! :( gave up after 1.6, sauce&CZ were terd!

Miss the days of online, ETG/gamesurge & all the clans some good guys in the community

You are half correct in saying that but if you played CS:S when that first came out, that wasn't very good either. However now it is "perfected" and is a great game.

Give CS:GO a year to sort out all the bugs that come along, and i am sure it can be a great game as well.

However, i have the same opinion like you, it does not have the same feel that 1.6 or CS:S has, feels redone, sluggish, slow. A let down in my eyes.

BTW CZ was the worst imo.

i bought this last week. was surprised to see it was only $15 on steam. not bad for gameplay. i think the skins need to be updated (t's and ct's are hard to tell apart) and the buy menu is definitely console oriented now. bit annoying that they changed the shortcut keys for a couple of things. still good fun though. havent played cs for the last year or 2 lol

yeah thats my only pain with the game... I have NFI which team I am meant to be shooting at haha