SAU Community

Car Leaking White Sticky Stuff? Not Too Sure What It Is?

hop1308

Hey guys, I've got a R34 GT-T 98 and its leaking white/creame coloured sticky stuff from under the car, its under the engine area but I've still got that big plastic shield under my car so i can't tell exactly where its coming from.

It just started leaking it on its own, when i touch it its reaally sticky and dense and has almost no smell. I've got no idea what it is, just wondering if anyone here would have any sort of idea on what it is?

(i know it sounds funny that its white and sticky but im seriously getting worried here lol)

lol i expected a comment like that. but yeah, im getting worried because its coming from near the turbo area. not too sure though

Edited by hop1308

hahahaha, i can barely type...

its probably grease as that gets that creamy look too it when it starts to ooze out of somewhere n some dust n grim gets in the mix too.

thanks jjman for the one useful comment.

does anyone else have any idea what it could be? i really hope it is just grease but why would it be leaking all of a sudden, and why so much of it.

if some sort of a joint cover/boot has split then all the grease starts pissing out pretty rapidly.

If u had posted this up last week i could have taken a pic of this on my bunky to compare it to urs before i wiped it all up n wished the cv joint the best of luck in life n kept driving it.

bottom line is. Jack it up (safely) and get under it and take some time working out where it could be coming from.

if you cant then wipe it all up as much as possible, drive it, then get under it in a day or 2 and see if you can see the source of the leak before it covers everything again.

N for christs sake, its obvious something has split/leaking (n a fair bit by ur description) so if anything sounds/feels amis get it to a mechanic asap.

Otherwise, get it to a mechanic asap. A decnt shop that you have a good relationship with will usally have a quick look at something like this for free so they can diagnose it for you and give you a quote before you make the time to book it in and get it fixed...

^lol

might be worth checking the oil and coolant to make sure that you don't have a crack in the block and it is the old oil/coolant milkshake that is leaking. if the oil and water look white then you're up for an expensive fix

thanks for all the replies and some helpful posts lol. but yeah it just stopped leaking on its own, which is getting me half worried and half relieved. i dont think i can trace the problem out now, I've checked all the major fluids such as the engine oil and that and they're all full or about where they should be.

any advice on what i should do from here?

Mechanics were invented so that people who don't know how to work on cars could still have their car repaired or inspected in the event of a problem, usually in exchange for currency, which you may refer to as dollars. If you don't have the mechanical skills to remove your undertray and trace a fluid leak, why bother even posting on here? Just take it to a mechanic and get it checked. I don't understand why so many people on here have such a problem with this.

thanks for all the replies and some helpful posts lol. but yeah it just stopped leaking on its own, which is getting me half worried and half relieved. i dont think i can trace the problem out now, I've checked all the major fluids such as the engine oil and that and they're all full or about where they should be.

any advice on what i should do from here?

yes. the stufff we noted above...

Mechanics were invented so that people who don't know how to work on cars could still have their car repaired or inspected in the event of a problem, usually in exchange for currency, which you may refer to as dollars. If you don't have the mechanical skills to remove your undertray and trace a fluid leak, why bother even posting on here? Just take it to a mechanic and get it checked. I don't understand why so many people on here have such a problem with this.

i posted here with this question because its not an obvious leak, its something i havent seen before and i was guessing it might be skyline specific or the fact that the substance is this colour might mean its something that someone here may have come across before.