SAU Community

Skyline R33 S2 Running Rich Bad Fuel Economy Etc

brn_20B

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok just ran up Ron's R34, mixtures down low were around 14.0's now much better. And i turned on the 02 sensor which i must have left off last time,

Went from 182kw to 205kw with some more timing, tune was limited last time by the stock dump pipe which has been upgraded since.

Went for a drive with Ron before putting on the dyno, theres no hesitation as such but the boost controller does a poor job holding boost and is oscillating as it comes on which is the feeling he is getting.

Smoke test came up fine

Thanks Jez the cars running much smoother n better across the rev range now and feels more crisper and lighter than when I brought it in. The groaning/ hesitation/ lack of power around 2500-3200rpms seems mostly gone now, due to re-adjusting the maps/timing. Lets hope the fuel economy wont be 20L/100kms now- fingers crossed.

That bit of hesitation you mentioned doesnt worry me, it would be the bit inconsistent boost control with the manual T controller as you say, its not bad at all,. It was the lack of power/groaning for few seconds under hard throttle that was bad, the touch up tune this morning has killed a lot of it off thankfully. Much nicer to drive now should I say again. Thanks Jez :)

Just went for a proper hard spin and I confirm that groaning/ hesitation/ power loss is completely gone, pulls clean and hard from 2800-7000rpms- no doughiness whatsoever, feels light as a bird and much faster than before @187rwkw, now @206rwkw, not much diff on paper, big difference on road. Beaut :). .. Ah cant wait now to see what the Precision will be like

Yeah mate, having been in Micks blindingly fast 335rwkw demon, even my 206rwkw feels wuite smile-inducing fast on the street when u give it, and so bloody responsive now to drive, now I realize now how paper rwkw doesnt mean much, but road feel/drive does..cannot upload dyno sheet from phone but it did make 110rwkw @3000rpms.. Now it feels like a Skyline not yaris. :)

wonder how long you'll be happy lol.. im betting you'll get the power bug soon and go gt30 territory..its an addiction..

sell that turbo and get a gt3076 and start frying 2nd and 3rd.. then you'll think shit.. this is good.. hahah

Edited by SliverS2

Yeah mate, having been in Micks blindingly fast 335rwkw demon, even my 206rwkw feels wuite smile-inducing fast on the street when u give it, and so bloody responsive now to drive, now I realize now how paper rwkw doesnt mean much, but road feel/drive does..cannot upload dyno sheet from phone but it did make 110rwkw @3000rpms.. Now it feels like a Skyline not yaris. :)

Hahaha glad you didnt leave any stains on my seat when i took you for a run Ron because most people generally tell me to stop when the needle is getting close to being off the clock :whistling:

Glad Jezzy boy found another nest of killerwasps under the hood for you,how far off is the 5558?

You best be bringing it back out west into the sticks when you get that PT bolted on so we can see what she can do :P

Hey Mick how you goin man, nah I really wanted u to give it more stick harder to feel it to the max but was too polite to ask you as you were so kind to take me for such a nice spin. I give my car a pretty hard time when I can lol, living in Sydney doesnt allow me to do much of this anyway :unsure: ...I mean this is what these cars are meant for.. The PT was ordered a week n a half ago so I will defo be bringin it out to the sticks, but I dont expect it to be as lowdown snappy as yours as it will be on 98 not e85... :woot: But she better make at least 300rwkw hehe..