SAU Community

Skyline R33 S2 Running Rich Bad Fuel Economy Etc

brn_20B

I tried to do the right thing, had just got the car and changed the fluids, filters and plugs, so I took it out to a local road where there is no housing on either side and minimal traffic. Just to open her up and check for missing at high rpm, silly me should have done a reci first to check for the boys in blue.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:( seems like they have doubled in number round where i live, did they just give a ticket or did they pop the bonnet too?

No but they wouldn't have found anything, the car is still stock, she wasn't real keen to do much but get the paperwork done get after the next punter.

@rondofj

If you're car is spluttering on hard throttle jabs, sound like there isn't enough fuel in the throttle pump or fuel enrichment setting.

PM who tuned your car, I'm curious. Laugh if it's the same person/group.

Bring it to Jez, he seems like he knows his sht and is helpful unlike others who think it's black magic.

@rondofj

If you're car is spluttering on hard throttle jabs, sound like there isn't enough fuel in the throttle pump or fuel enrichment setting.

Bring it to Jez, he seems like he knows his sht and is helpful unlike others who think it's black magic.

Hey Johnny it doesnt splutter or anything like that, it just groans loud like a really fat dude whose been kicked hard in the butt and for 2-4 seconds it hardly moves, just rolls like an NA, it picks up acceleration later without that punch-in-seat feeling that I get from gradually pushing the pedal.

Jezza is a good bloke, he offered to look it over, I might check him out if I'm free in weekends..

On a different note I received my brand new turbosmart compgate40 from the US yesterday, made in Aus n sold in Aus for $600, but bought from the US for $300. Check out FSR motorsports from Cali, Ian is a really top bloke and his service is second to none. SO basically made here, exported to the States and then re-imported here for half price, and no its not a cheap chinese copy haha.

@rondofj

I think that sounds spot on, when there isnt enough fuel things do get unresponsive and groan like your saying, when i was setting my injectors , i noticed when the mixture was on the lean side the throttle would be very unresponsive, would get so bad that it would stall with a stab..

but when the mix is right it response very fast....

maybe they were having a few beers when they were setting that part of the tune up..

Edited by SliverS2

Lol at the beers bit, yeah it is definitely unresponsive and groans big time under a sharp jab, I feel like driving it onto a wall everytime it does that, its so fked for a car of this calibre to do that haha, hope its not running lean at that time or I might end up with a popped motor... :no:

Edited by rondofj

Lol at the beers bit, yeah it is definitely unresponsive and groans big time under a sharp jab, I feel like driving it onto a wall everytime it does that, its so fked for a car of this calibre to do that haha, hope its not running lean at that time or I might end up with a popped motor... :no:

stop driving it hard!

For all tuned cars, I highly recommend installing wideband O2s. I always recommend them on my friend's cars. I always see people investing in sht like oil press gauges, volt gauges, ra ra ra, but always seem to miss the wideband O2.

I just use the Innovate LC-1 with DB Gauge, works a treat. Has narrow & wide outputs so you can bypass the stock O2. Not to mention they're ~$220 delivered from the eBay US. My other friend uses the AEM UEGO, but there's no narrow band output. But the upside you don't need to calibrate it as often, the Innovate one is really touchy and needs to be recalibrated like every 10xxx kms, not really rocket science, just have the motor off and hit the calibrate button.

I don't bother with techedge, etc.. anymore, too old school and clunky looking.