SAU Community

Woo Hoo Dump Pipe Finially Arrived

Guest INASNT

Originally posted by Black33

inasnt, I ordered the exact same dump from arrow diffs as well. its good cos he sent it cod and mine should arrive tomorrow

:D

u bastards! now he has a whole stack of lasercut flanges so it wont take em long to make up the new 1's!!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nah, I don't think so cos when I spoke to him, he had just made this "batch" up (his word - like he just took some cookies out of the oven) from the laser cut flanges he had just received.

anyway, he said that he made up a bunch (maybe 10) and he must have sent you one of those, and then when I spoke to him yesterday - he only had about 2 left - so I got one of the last ones. :D

Have you measured the diameter of the pipes at the turbo flange side? wanted to know how big the wastegate pipe is.

nah, I don't think so cos when I spoke to him, he had just made this "batch" up (his word - like he just took some cookies out of the oven) from the laser cut flanges he had just received.  

anyway, he said that he made up a bunch (maybe 10) and he must have sent you one of those, and then when I spoke to him yesterday - he only had about 2 left - so I got one of the last ones. :D

Have you measured the diameter of the pipes at the turbo flange side? wanted to know how big the wastegate pipe is.

the guy u r talking to i am assuming is Rama! he talks abit of shit!

Mine was the original order with 1 other that he had to do before he got the whole bunch of other orders. thats y he sent me mine quickest, 4 weeks is still 2 bloody long.

i will measure the wastegate hole when i get home, they could have made that pipe a bit bigger!

thanks man, yeah thats what i thought from the pics - but he said it was 1 1/4 or 1 1/2 inch and that what the ones at jms are, so I guess it's ok

when u planning on putting your in?

mines going in on friday, with new plugs and s-afc tune!

mines going in on saturday along with a front pipe being made up and having my cat flanges flared out to 3" at a place in south yarra!

(SAFC to come later for me)

I just spoke to rama and he said that wastegate pipe is around 35 mm (between 1 1/4 and 1 1/2 inch). he made a good point by saying that the hole for the wastegate is samller then this so this size is more then enough - anyway if the wastegate pipe didn't flow enough, all it would mean is a tiny bit more boost under high revs :D

yep, was gonna do it on sat at ice but thats the only time I can get the dump etc fitted so will have to wait till next saturday!

what would you estimate I'll be on after the dump front etc? (have bleed set at 10psi, airinx pod, cold air partition and super drager)

what will I then get to with a tuned safc later??

its hard to say with different cars and different dynos!

come down to calder this sunday and see what u can run in the 1/4 mile, thats the best indication of power!

might be going cos a friend is taking his vl turbo - but I don't know if I'm gonna take my car down??

what are the people there like, never been!!

its good i went last friday but didnt run! i just wanna go to race my friends vr 5.0, thers sum real quick ie 9sec cars but it's just fun 2 see what your car can do!

Black33

the sizes of the pipes are

wastegate - 1.5 inch

exhaust wheel - 2.5 inch

wastegate meets the exhaust wheel gases at about 22cm from entry point where it becomes 3 inch

update!

gerald just called me, the new dump pipe aint matching the location of my 3 inch front pipe, so its going to exhaust shop now to get the front pipe cut and rotated so it fits properly!

This means no dyno tune today, and since grand final is tmorow the dyno shop is closed, so i gotta wait till monday to get the s-afc tuned!!! FARKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK:mad:

Originally posted by ex-static

damn.. so will you be comming to the meet tonight?

depends if i get my car back tnite! might be tmorow morning!

he had to drive it to exhaust shop with no exhaust, straight off the dump pipe, that would have sounded sweet!!:)

Originally posted by ex-static

hehehe.. bring it out tonight like that :)

then i will have to wait another 3 months till i get it out of the cop impound yard!!:)