SAU Community

How To Use Tiptronic?

gogglez-10

Yeah, took me about a week to figure that out! Thought they were for the stereo (as mine wasn't working when I got it)

Just to add a twist to the thread, what different techniques do people use to drive with there tiptronic?

Just smash through at open throttle

Or back off when you change

not being super awesome racecar driver or machanic ... id say open throttle as your ecu would provide retard for gear shift in tip tronic? but i could be wrong, i dont use the tip tronic at all.

Yeah, took me about a week to figure that out! Thought they were for the stereo (as mine wasn't working when I got it)

Just to add a twist to the thread, what different techniques do people use to drive with there tiptronic?

Just smash through at open throttle

Or back off when you change

Just smash threw the gears at the limiter... hearing the stagea backfire was one of the coolest things of owning one...

and down shifting at high revs and hearing the burble and popping sounds out the back as the revs dropped got a few odd looks as people has no idea what was going on...

I tried the back off before changing.. but i felt it was way to rough on the gear box.. back off change gear slam for down.. didnt feel right to me..

Bad point was forgetting your in trip tonic mode and your on a long drive, as it down gears for you at a stand still.

Go to take of at the green 1st gear would be bouncing of the limiter real fast haha

Quick slap of the gearstick slingshots the car into second

I use manual mode in my PM35 most of the time around town, I don't lift off on up shifts, downshifting is cool as the ECU takes care of rev matching for you.

I suffer the same bad point as RBPOWA. Still trying to figure out how to trick the ECU to allow brake and throttle to get the toque converter up to speed for launches.