SAU Community

R34 Gtr Vspec Build

• 2 weeks later...

Any reason why you went Garage101?

No major reason, someone recommended them & they can tune Haltech's....so i thought i'd give them a go.

The car's still there atm due to some part issues (it appears i've ordered or received some incorrect fuel related parts/fittings)..I'm away for work and there sorting it out for me, so i'll post up how it all pans out once it's all fixed next week.

Righto - little update,

Picked the car up from garage101 a few days ago. Danny only put a run-in tune on it with no timing advance and 4400rpm cut off. I'm still waiting on some parts (still runing stock cat and front pipe), hence i didn't go the hole nine yards with the tune.

Anyway, just took the car for a spin then and the results are looking promising. Got 0.8bar of boost @4000 rpm and i'm not feeling a hole lot of difference in response from the stock turbo's. The updated clutch/gearbox took abit to get use to, it's a more on/off when cold then before and shutters a bit at low rpm. However, once it warms up...whle different story, so easy to drive with and gear changes are so smooth.

I don't expect to get time to finish the car off until sometime in the new year, but i can't wait.

Oh, one more thing - apprently my diff's might not be standard...when we push the car a few meters in neutral, the both diff's lock up and it becomes impossible to push the car any further...i know nothing about diff's, so doe's anyone know if that is normal?

can i ask a question mate,

y Stock RODS on a build like this , wen u did everything else in the block ,

Good question mate - Paul advised that he had personal tested stock rods well past 800hp - i doubt this engine will ever see past 600hp, which means they were well and truly up to my requirements and the money saved could be applied elsewhere.

In retrospec, i sort of wished i'd put a stroker in, but the line has to be drawn somewhere i guess.

Edited by wedge_r34gtr

Good question mate - Paul advised that he had personal tested stock rods well past 800hp - i doubt this engine will ever see past 600hp, which means they were well and truly up to my requirements and the money saved could be applied elsewhere.

In retrospec, i sort of wished i'd put a stroker in, but the line has to be drawn somewhere i guess.

Build is sounding good mate! Glad you got the car there safely.....

Look up NITTO GTR, they are running big power on a stock bottom end and loving it!

Build is sounding good mate! Glad you got the car there safely.....

Look up NITTO GTR, they are running big power on a stock bottom end and loving it!

lol, you should have seen my WTF face when i picked it up and tried to turn the steering wheel for the first time.

yep definitely aware of the nitto gtr, I'm a big fan of it.

But it's important to keep in mind that although it's got the stock bottom end and still runing strong, only a pull down is going to tell if the components are still in tip-top shape. Paul's been through this process already, so he was very confident on the reliability of the parts that went into this motor.

Edited by wedge_r34gtr

That car has been through few different motors

And is waiting to blow the stock one so the stroker can go it, had a good chat at the nationals, nice bloke that i spoke too!

Anyway, point was with 850rwhp the rods are still in one piece so with WA's lack of E85 i cant see massive power levels being a problem for this epic build.

Now i shall GTFO :)

That yellow thing is MEANT to break but it has stayed together....... Good to see it stay together though!

Was the belt just not on since the build?

well...sort of...it apprently came of in newcastle after less then 20kms of running (Paul was driving - i had already left for Perth). At first i thought it was ROSS blancer syndrome multiplied by the fact we noticed the adjuster bracket was bent when we were bolting everything back up. However, the real reason wasn't apparent to i went to install a new belt in Perth....i forgot to tighten the power steering bracket bolts...the thing was just sitting there loose. I'm lucky the hole assembly didn't come off and cause some major damage.

I've now gone through and checked every bolt in the bay i can reach, but I haven't come across any other potential drama's.

Edited by wedge_r34gtr

• 1 month later...

awesome build there mate :woot:

Thanks mate. :cheers:

I've had the car in storage since mid December, so there hasn't really been any progress lately :down: . I'm currently waiting on a custom venom cat and a few random bit's from nissan Japan and then it's pretty much off to the tuners to pump some boost into her.

Hopefully i'll have a big update towards the end of Feburary with some results and some info on the next phase of my build.

• 3 weeks later...

hey wedge, whens your car getting dyno'd? my bro had alot of help from paul also, would like to see what it pulls ;)

gotta love pauls work

Yeah Paul's a bit of an artist when it comes to RB's. He did menion he had done some work on a car in WA - fairly custom head if i remember correctly?

Work's been taking up all my time at the moment. - I'm going to have some spare time next week though, so hopefully i can get it on the dyno....it's really starting to drag out lol.

Edited by wedge_r34gtr