SAU Community

Iphone 5

Seano350GT

I just got mine last night, what do you guys think?

It's really light, and much smaller than my old phone.

I'm used to using my old peice of shit Samsung Galaxy S1 that i had nothing but problems with, the iPhone is new to me and seems really user friendly. Internet and service is great as it's on 4g.

Post your thoughts!

At what point does weight become a "who gives a f**k" feature? Seriously. My phone weights about 163g. Do I give a f**k that it doesn't weight 118g? Nope.

Same with thickness. "Oh shit noes! my phonez is 11.3mm thick! WHY OH WHY ISN'T IT 7.3mm LIEK TEH IPOO5!"

The iPhone 22 will be so light and thin that it simply won't exists and yet they'll still sell 100,000,000 of the things to Apple Sheeple.

Pay $800, get given a box, get it home, open it up, find it empty, take a photo of it and put on Instagram (with your iPhone 21), post of FB how totally amazing the iPhone 22 is and how it's totally ground breaking and, dare I say it, revolutionary. I can't wait!

Also, can I ask you Seano, what "nothing but problems" did you actually have with your Samsung?

At what point does weight become a "who gives a f**k" feature? Seriously. My phone weights about 163g. Do I give a f**k that it doesn't weight 118g? Nope.

Same with thickness. "Oh shit noes! my phonez is 11.3mm thick! WHY OH WHY ISN'T IT 7.3mm LIEK TEH IPOO5!"

The iPhone 22 will be so light and thin that it simply won't exists and yet they'll still sell 100,000,000 of the things to Apple Sheeple.

Pay $800, get given a box, get it home, open it up, find it empty, take a photo of it and put on Instagram (with your iPhone 21), post of FB how totally amazing the iPhone 22 is and how it's totally ground breaking and, dare I say it, revolutionary. I can't wait!

Also, can I ask you Seano, what "nothing but problems" did you actually have with your Samsung?

Interesting comment lol. I don't care how good it is compared to other phones, just as long it has fast internet good service and works fast and is user friendly. And the iPhone 5 does all of that for me.

My galaxy used to freeze A LOT, internet only worked 1/2 the time. I had terrible service where i live. I couldn't upload pictures to facebook, i basically couldn't use the phone without getting super angry at it for being a peice of shit. The vibrate function stopped working, i had the unlock screen where u gotta swipe your finger along and match up the dots and sometimes when i'd do it it wouldn't register my finger was touching the screen. SO many problems i just had enough.

dosnt the iphone 5 have all sorts of internet f**kups atm, like maps dont work and all these yaknow minor things.

also the iphone 4 was just as quick on the net as the 5, but u can buy them for about $5 now.

seriously what does the new iphone actually do that the old one didnt?....................... why pay for a 5 and not a 4s

Pick one up. The weight is noticable, much more than the weight differences with heavier phones (inc iPhone 4). But the big difference is how theyve made it that light without making it feel like a cheap POS. My HTC Desire felt well built and solid, and was a reasonable weight. My Samsung Galaxy S 2 was a great phone, but felt like a cheap, fragile POS.

Same goes for thickness. It really is quite amazing.

dosnt the iphone 5 have all sorts of internet f**kups atm, like maps dont work and all these yaknow minor things.

also the iphone 4 was just as quick on the net as the 5, but u can buy them for about $5 now.

seriously what does the new iphone actually do that the old one didnt?....................... why pay for a 5 and not a 4s

Maps in America suck. In Australia we have slightly different expectations. Google Maps doesn't give us 3D, neither does Apple maps. The other thing people are annoyed at is no public transport directions. Not something I've ever used, so doesn't bother me.

Other than that, the 5 is a predictable improvement on the 4: faster processor, more RAM, thinner and lighter, 4G, marginally better battery life, inconvenient new plug.

Revolutionary? Please. Its no better (and dare I say no worse) than most top of the line Android phones. I moved yesterday, after years on Windows Mobile 5-6.5 and Android. So far I'm really liking it, especially the form factor.

Of course angry fanbois will now shoot me down in flames, but I did a lot of research and for me so far, so good.

I hate everything Apple but surely being lighter, thinner and having a faster processor is a good thing. I really wish my little Android tablet was all of those things especially lighter. Good that Apple are headed in the right direction at least. Still won't buy one otherwise I will need this new Iphone accessory:

backfire.jpg

Edited by *LOACH*

There is no denying what apple has done to the smart phone world. They produced a fantastic product and continue to improve on the same concept.. and yet that's the thing though..

It's happened time and time again with me and my iPhones. I have been through all version of them, right from the beginning, and yes it is amazing to buy a new phone, plug it in and it is exactly as I left my old one. Contacts, music, messages etc..all at the click of a sync button. BUT! - It's still the same thing. The novelty of owning a new piece of technology wears off pretty fast for me and the iPhone, because I am staring at the same god damn thing (albeit a little faster and thinner etc)..

I am not an apple fanboy by any means, I just enjoy the ease of the iPhone when it comes to using it for personal and work side of things..and hence why I will be getting the iPhone 5 after serious research and nearly going down the path of the S3 - 'if it aint broke, dont fix it'