SAU Community

How Much Hp Is A Std Rb25 Fuel Pump Good For?

mattysaidso

Probably yes, but due to the age of the car and the pump i would be looking to invest in an upgrade at some stage just for safety anyway.... They are cheap and easy to do so no reason not too :)

hmmmm good point.

Whats the better setup in a r33?

Bosch 040 and remove the sock, mount pump as low as possible

or

Bosch 044 and adapt the standard sock to fit?

i did a 040 years ago and remember not being certain that I had it mounted as low as it could possibly be and from memory i recall seeing a 044 mounted in tank with factory sock....

How much power are you aiming for mate? Drop in Walbro will be much easier for lower power levels....

My 044 is mounted with rubber on the bracket and has a sock, better than the 040 option but depends on how much you actually need?

ive had 2 walbro's now, the 255Lph handled 260kw so that would be fine.. quite cheap too. I didnt want to take chances with the fitment, tuner fit mine in well under an hour so worth it to get done right first time.

Walbro have a good rep, with the Bosch pumps Ic heard good and bad things. Seems they can go either way depending on batch etc. I recently bought a Nismo and couldn't be happier. I'm letting a GTR pump go. PM if interested, I want it gone!

Walbro have a good rep, with the Bosch pumps Ic heard good and bad things. Seems they can go either way depending on batch etc. I recently bought a Nismo and couldn't be happier. I'm letting a GTR pump go. PM if interested, I want it gone!

What bad things have you heard? Been pretty reliable from my experiance and many many others...............

What bad things have you heard? Been pretty reliable from my experiance and many many others...............

Not saying they're all terrible, but as I said I've heard a few can be dodgey and have ha to be replaced. Read it in a couple of threads here on SAU, but as I've said I'm not commenting on personal experience just what I've read on here.

I've had a Walbro in my tank for about 4 years. I have a 044 as well - haven't heard anything bad about them except they're noisy as!!

Mine is quieter than the 34GTR pump I had.... All about how you mount it etc