SAU Community

Help! Only Getting 277 To A Tank :/

Ausdogga

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how many litres are you calling a tank? the tank is 65L, but fuel light generally comes on with 10L to go. is the fuel light coming on before you fill up?

as i say in every fuel economy thread, unless you are running it until it runs out of fuel, using "a tank" as a measure for economy is stupid. given that people will all fill up at different points on the gauge, the economy you are getting compared to others will vary by a fair bit.

still worth taking note of how many litres went in, because if it has an aftermarket fuel pump then they sometimes don't sit as low as the stock pumps and can make you run out of fuel well before the fuel light has even come on.

check you don't have a leak in the cooler piping somewhere. it probably has a large leak somewhere which is making it leak a heap of boost and making it run rich.

do you have an aftermarket boost gauge? if so, where does it sit when you are just idling? should sit about -20 at idle if there is no leaks

I'm sorry that I'm not being very helpful with my problem. And I do and it does sit right on -20

I would give more details but I'm new to it all and don't understand it to well, it's just getting too overwhelming.

Edited by Ausdogga

Ok, sorry,

Ill start again, fuel Econ it up the shitter getting 277k per tank on 98,

It won't hold revs changing gears or it they drop quicker by braking, I do have shit on my black bar, and a backfire at times I'm guessing burning the exsess fuel from it running rich,can be very very unresponsive and almost stall at times if I take off slowly, when I boost at times it will go to 11 then drop to 8 or 9 when I have it set at 10. I think that's it. :/ apart from that its all stock only running 10 pound,

Edited by Ausdogga

how's your water temp? perhaps your thermostat is cactus, also is your water temp sensor plugged in?

There's a chance the car is always thinking it's cold and dumping in loads of fuel. Unplug the water temp sensor and see if there's a difference, I had this problem before when I forgot to plug back the water temp sensor when I pulled the injectors out of my fridge.