SAU Community

Aliens: Colonial Marines. Whos Getting It ?

Tyranus

Im a huge colonial marine nut and a fan of both the Alien and Predator franchise.. This game is a confirmed cannon sequel to James Camerons "Aliens" albeit in video game form.

Xeno's vs. Marines

Bishop is back (Lance Henriksson)

Hicks is back In both with SP and MP modes with Michael Biehn reprising his role.

Ive already pre-ordered my Collectors Edition for PC. Who else is getting A:CM ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXfp62yVC_0

damn! the gameplay looks amazing. I have high hopes for this one after the dissappointing alien vs predator 2. I'll probably be getting it for ps3. my computer isnt that great lol

FPS usually sucks the dick on consoles.

AvP2 was released in 2001 it was one of the best games of its time and still is concidered to be the best aliens game.

AvP2010 was shit and hugely dissapointing :(

Love Aliens franchise.

Watched Escape trailer, had wargasm :)

First trailer won't work though.

Not that I want to hijack the thread but I wonder how much a PC that could run this game in optimal graphics would cost...I am sure it is beyond the capability of my two year old netbook with integrated graphics card :)

Not that I want to hijack the thread but I wonder how much a PC that could run this game in optimal graphics would cost...I am sure it is beyond the capability of my two year old netbook with integrated graphics card :)

$1800 at the most to run that on max settings, even then you could do it cheaper depending on what you already have.

A decent gaming PC is going to set you back 3k

$1800 at the most to run that on max settings, even then you could do it cheaper depending on what you already have.

Thanks for the replies guys. I will give it some thought.

FPS usually sucks the dick on consoles.

AvP2 was released in 2001 it was one of the best games of its time and still is concidered to be the best aliens game.

AvP2010 was shit and hugely dissapointing :(

can not agree with you more on that

and yes PC all the way

1.8k gaming pc wont last long on max without liquid cooling.

Rubbish.

I ran a E8400 @ 4.4ghz for 4.5 years and it was on 24x7 on air and i used to game heaps (last 3-4 months, not so).

Upgraded GPU every 12-18 months as needed (usually $500 spend). None of the cards I sold had any degradation and best of my knowledge, still work fine today (even the 4yr old one). Just make sure you select the right parts for the job and you won't have a problem.

I've since build 6 other PCs for friends and all run fine, budget generally $1600-$1800.

Anyway Paul, look @ this list, could refine it more - would run this game on MAX without any problems in the world @ 1920x1080, and would do it for years.

http://www.pccasegea...tion=wish_lists

Obviously if you have monitor then you come in around $1600. Just doesn't include keyboard/mouse/speakers as people generally have these.

So from that, even spending $3000, means it's not going to last! :rolleyes:

It's about as ridiculous of a statement as the one you just made i think?

If a part fails, it fails - that's what RMA is for. If you cooked it however, only you are to blame for that! Fact is the part list i put up will run the game no problem day in, day out forever (not counting part faults :rolleyes:)