SAU Community

Rb25Det Oil Pumps And Oil Restrictors

Thanks boys, yeah have done alot of reading an looking around, as it was a fully built motor and with 2000ks the old owner spun bearings broke 5 oil jets off... Haha so I don't wanna cross that path

I think the engine builder thinks I'm using a standard pump when I am using a n1 so I'm sure when I tell. Him he will say to put restrictors in

An N1 is hardly a high volume pump. Just a little bigger than stock. It IS the stock pump in a 25Neo.

The gears are actually smaller than the stock pump, it flow oil at higher pressure, not more of it.

It's not the stock pump for a NEO either, part numbers between Neo and R33 RB25DET's are exactly the same(15010-5L800) Whereas the N1 pump is (15010-24U01).

Source: Nissan Fast

The gears are actually smaller than the stock pump, it flow oil at higher pressure, not more of it.

It's not the stock pump for a NEO either, part numbers between Neo and R33 RB25DET's are exactly the same(15010-5L800) Whereas the N1 pump is (15010-24U01).

Source: Nissan Fast

FAST is wrong on this one. Both of the standard Neo's I have have seen dismantled (including my own) have had an N1 oil pump. And several others membes of this forum have seen this also. There is the possibility that some did not have the N1 but it seems unlikely. Mine was a very early build Neo.

Yep. Wrong. All NEO 25DETs have N1 pumps from the factory. Still short nose crank though.

They have a higher oil pressure relief spring. Its a debate as to whether they flow more or not. N1 has a different tooth design though. It is 'waved' and not symmetrical.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...