SAU Community

R32 Gtr Getting Ready For Wtac @ Tunehouse

JohnGTR

Hi John

I've meet you few times at UAS, John told me about this thread, will be good to see how this car progresses, subsribed

I'm a big fan of the blue front bar in the above video... Do you know who makes it?

It is a custom bar that was made by Phil Coles ( who drove the combined touring car ) and the guys at BSM for this car when it was still racing in IPRA

Marko... It's called a safety factor. The goal was to run about 400rwkw @ 20psi as a run in tune.

The car is getting completely rewired mid - late January and then I want to get it out for some practice runs...

your saftey factor results in 440kw...... F@$k'n AWESOME

Having gone through another few projects in the past and "trying" to keep control of the costs, my aim was to try and get about 400rwkw at 20psi as we think this should be "safe"... 440rwkw at about 23 psi is pretty good but I do not want to push the motor as it is a fresh rebuild.

I'll get it out for some private practice and get a few kms then we might look at whatever the restrictions are and then push a bit harder. The turbo should be good for around 900hp at the flywheel?

• Like 1

Tune on BP98?

Its running Caltex e-flex E85 fuel but a lot of people I talk to are running the United E85 from Rozelle in Sydney... not sure if this is a better fuel? Anyone?

ATM I believe the tune is quite conservative running on the richer side and not too much timing...

Thanks for the thread John am enjoying it.

Great work

It will hopefully get more interesting once I get it out for a run.

Here is the plan from here:

1. Get the car rewired and recheck the tune at UAS.

2. Take the car out for some practice

3. Sort out suspension need front & rear adjustable control arms, tie rods etc... do roll centres and try and fit 295s under the guards. (The car ran 265s alround when it ran the 1:35 at 2010 time attack)

4. Get the car down to Tune house on the 4WD dyno for a higher power tune and to check 4WD operation

5. Try and make it to Nissan/Datsun Nationals

6. Aero... Replace rear wing and setup proper under tray

7. Practice, practice practice

8. Get to World Time Attack in October!

Oh... and try to lose 15kgs in between...

Its running Caltex e-flex E85 fuel but a lot of people I talk to are running the United E85 from Rozelle in Sydney... not sure if this is a better fuel? Anyone?

ATM I believe the tune is quite conservative running on the richer side and not too much timing...

It will hopefully get more interesting once I get it out for a run.

Here is the plan from here:

1. Get the car rewired and recheck the tune at UAS.

2. Take the car out for some practice

3. Sort out suspension need front & rear adjustable control arms, tie rods etc... do roll centres and try and fit 295s under the guards. (The car ran 265s alround when it ran the 1:35 at 2010 time attack)

4. Get the car down to Tune house on the 4WD dyno for a higher power tune and to check 4WD operation

5. Try and make it to Nissan/Datsun Nationals

6. Aero... Replace rear wing and setup proper under tray

7. Practice, practice practice

8. Get to World Time Attack in October!

Oh... and try to lose 15kgs in between...

You should have no problem getting the 295s under the guards. I'm running 305x680x18 Pirelli slicks no problem.

What 4wd controller are you using?