SAU Community

Gtr Joey's R32 Gtr E-Flex, Twinscroll 83/75 Results

Don't know how I missed this thread before, but I'm glad it got bumped...it's been a great read.

Right now I'm in deep contemplation of single turbo for my 2.75L stroker (if you want to call it that).

I took the liberty of finding some dynos from both Joey and Simon's cars early on at lower boost levels. Albeit both on E85, they are both still at around 20 psi. Joey stated that his 8375 was pretty much out of breath on top and I used the dyno that is missing the 24psi midrange in this comparison (for fairness). I assumed his was standard cast wheel and I also found that his was the .91 housing and I saw where Geoff at full race recommended 1.00 for more power. For the money, I just don't think this turbo can be beat for a nice powerband and while Simon has made STUPID big numbers I think on a 2.6L and for $600 US, this is looking like a strong candidate for a pumpgas turbo. Of course I am not taking the EFR 8374 ($$$$$$$) into comparison yet.

Anyway hope this helps put things into perspective for others looking for information. If anyone finds a dyno of a low boost stroker build with the 8375 (cast) or 6266, let me know...I'd love to add them.

Patrick

post-136202-0-51390000-1428798994_thumb.png

Edited by HarrisRacing

Thanks for the post Patrick.

Your right the 83/75 is one of if not the best bang for buck turbo on the market. As you would have seen on my graph it did nose over a bit. My comments in your previous thread were as a comparison to my own results

My new set up improvements consists of

2.9 stroker

Raised compression to 9.1

Cleaned up head

260 cams with 11mm lift with a very aggressive fast opening lobe

Ferrea valve train with duel valve springs to eliminate any possibility of valve float (a much better set up the the previous tomei gear I had, old springs had only 60 pound of seat pressure)

Ceramic coated exhuast side.

This combination will be a large improvement to response, but I'm also looking to really get the most out of this turbo by pushing it past 450rwkw

Fingers crossed