SAU Community

Gtr Joey's R32 Gtr E-Flex, Twinscroll 83/75 Results

Originally the stroker kit came with shorter rods so an off the shelf piston could be used.

We scrapped that idea and decided to use an off the shelf rod (longer) with a custom piston.

A longer rod Improves rod to stroke ratio and reduces wear on the thrust side of the cylinder. A custom piston also allowed us to decide how much valve relief was cut into the top as the UNIGROUP cams have big lift

So you are staying with the EU 260 10.8s

I am glad I know shit all about cars, it gets too technical when you want to push the motor :(

You blokes made it an easy decision for me, I thought what was the easiest way to get what I want from my car without knowing all of the technical stuff, I went with with the stroker build and I did not have to take anything off the car that I spent money on , except for the Poncams B, I have kept everything else under the hood.

Edited by Nismo 3.2ish

The 2.6L 8374 equipped missle i went in today certainly sealed the deal with everybody that went in it.. Including some pretty hardcore #twinturboGTR4lyf mofos! They even buried the notion of needing 2 turbos for response in this wonderful age of lightweight billet materials and black magic aerodynamics that make 1 turbocharger enough to tear ya face off from 4000rpm to redline (in 2nd gear) from a 800hp turbo :)

Do you know what rear housing this car had? If it's the same car that Piggaz mentions a few posts on, sounds like it might have been the 1.05 (external gate)? Sounds pretty interesting, I had always thought that a 1.05 rear housing on a 2.6L was quite large and potentially laggy but perhaps technology has come a long way in the last few years.

Do you know what rear housing this car had? If it's the same car that Piggaz mentions a few posts on, sounds like it might have been the 1.05 (external gate)? Sounds pretty interesting, I had always thought that a 1.05 rear housing on a 2.6L was quite large and potentially laggy but perhaps technology has come a long way in the last few years.

It was the 1.05.

I had the same thoughts in my head before I got in it. Yes it had v cam BUT it also had a F con v pro which was half assed tuned on a 37 degree day. I can't see the point in going back to the 0.92 IWG, it went that well.

So much untapped potential that's for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

Starting to be a bit of a build thread lol

New modified cam and front covers.

post-47556-0-36908300-1424848416_thumb.jpg

Race pace extended sump and quaife front diff to go with the stroker

post-47556-0-88585600-1424848485_thumb.jpg

Threw in a new dash and cluster cause the other ones were feked

post-47556-0-02395000-1424848603_thumb.jpg

post-47556-0-10499600-1424848643_thumb.jpg

Before and after, the mrs gave me a hand with that last one, was a bit of a long night haha

• Like 2

• 1 month later...