SAU Community

Thinking Of Buying A Stagea

kurtis888

That yellow one is at SSV - I drive pas it every day. Apart from it being a horrendous colour and as a result, a liability to sell when the time comes - my Stagea came from SSV (who have been in the import biz since the beginning) and it was a great car, so I'd take all the 'dodgy' calls with a grain of salt.

I'd hold out for an rs4-s if you can. Stronger driveline (identical to r33 gt-r) much nicer interior, and arguably better on fuel.

Which brings about the next point - dont buy one of these unless you have shares in a petroleum company. They drink like fish. So for a family truckster, it might not be so nice. People who still own them will say otherwise but mine did 23L/100km around town with the occasional boot - and that was jus with basic mods and boost increase tuned on a greddy emanage ultimate......

Edited by SMOKEYC34

Which brings about the next point - dont buy one of these unless you have shares in a petroleum company. They drink like fish. So for a family truckster, it might not be so nice. People who still own them will say otherwise but mine did 23L/100km around town with the occasional boot - and that was jus with basic mods and boost increase tuned on a greddy emanage ultimate......

Clearly that isnt running properly. On my series 1 RS4V, "around town with the occasional boot" would be ~13.5L/100km. Usually 12.5L/100km trying to be economical around town, just under 11L/100km on the highway. 23L/100km is normal if you own a bentley.

Something very wrong with the state of tune. I can rape the crap out of mine for a whole tank and still get 20L/100km. In fact in 150,000kms ive never gone over 20L/100kms. Usually average around 13L/100kms.

had someone tell me once though not to go past 99' models anything later are not as good??

Pretty Silly comment really. Yes the newer models arnt as easy to modify and will cost more in basic needs as you cant just bolt any old Skyline part on them. But from teh factory they are a nicer driving car with a far superior interior. Along with that they have more power in standard form. There are more and more parts becoming available and as you live in Vic you are lucky as you have Scotty to go to for those much needed custom parts.

Really just comes down to what you are looking for, But as others have said unless its a manual and in perfect condition you are crazy to buy a C34 model thats over 10 grand.

IMO get the newer M35 and visit Scotty for some go fast bits :)

Lol. Well someone better call Paul at Chasers and tell him he can't tune.....buzz not.

It might have been before or after the emanage was in. - I can't remember - bit what I distinctly remember was the way it would R&R at anything over stock boost and engage a secret getaway fuel vapor cloud from the exhaust haha.

Anyway - great cars - but still heavy on fuel.

OP - If you want me to swing past SSV and have a look at that yellow one just let me know.

Hey Kurt,

Both C34 and M35 have great aspects to them. Only way you will settle down on one is inspect a few THOROUGHLY, compare features vs condition vs price vs year vs mileage vs what it is you want the car for vs how long you wish to keep it for.

Mate, my M35 Axis is for sale, have a closer look as per the link in my signature.

You might need a boat but this one looks the go!!

http://www.carsales....ck&sort=default

Haha, i was gonna find your add Andrew and put it in here but you beat me to it

OP, you should totally buy this one, but it would be sad for tassie to loose another stagea