SAU Community

Rb26 Stock Cams

chairman

Nah pretty sure that had slightly touched sticks.

But yeah 400rwkw on stock cams can be done, I've made 370 and I've seen others make 390-400 as well with -5s so they are working pretty hard. With a turbo that big it'll be easy.

Exactly....it makes 10+psi @ 2500, hence the big torque early.

Some more details:

Crank is a custom billet 12 counterbalance job. Don't try to rev those RB30 cranks too high!

Rods are SR20. Don't sweat the R/S ratio. 1.5-1.65 has proven to be ideal/desirable for a 4 valver in the 1-9000rpm range.

Modern materials and rod/piston designs mean longevity is not an issue, and shorter rod is a stronger,lighter rod.

Pistons are custom.

Camshafts are Nissan OEM.

Turbos are currently Garrett -5's, (about to make way for a very slightly bigger set).

We have now have it tuned at 24lb and it makes 468kw with plenty more through the mid-range.

I'll post a new dynograph when I get a chance.

Lots of sneaky tricks in this one. I probably shouldn't have sold it after all..... sad.gif

cheers,

Nah pretty sure that had slightly touched sticks.

But yeah 400rwkw on stock cams can be done, I've made 370 and I've seen others make 390-400 as well with -5s so they are working pretty hard. With a turbo that big it'll be easy.

I'd guess stock cams but could be wrong

I dunno I've heard guys making good power w stock cams.but really they are designed to maximise a 2.6 ltr. 3l need to breath.

I didn't make much power w stock cams. Maybe it's my setup I dunno.but I Don't care about power figures.as long as car rips I'm happy.

Btw I gained 50kw just w cams.