SAU Community

R34 Gt-Four

Got a pic of it with 18x9s on the front? Looking to do the same with my 34 sedan but don't know if they will be a bit sunken

Here you go, excuse the dirty rims and car.

DSC_0636Large_zpse6c7e27d.jpg

DSC_0642Large_zps41d25dec.jpg

DSC_0640Large_zpsa4e04019.jpg

My rotors have arrived as well

DSC_0637Large_zps44238946.jpg

RDA Slotted and dimpled. I got a full set of front and rears.... gonna look sweeettt!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another update:

Went into to my mechanics on Friday to get the brakes and rotors fitted. Ran into a few minor dramas, nothing serious but :)

There is a heat shield thing around the hub that needed trimming for the rotors to fit properly.

So we managed to trim that right back out of the way.

We started by fitting the rears first, simply because it was a bolt on affair.

The front mounting points on the other hand can accommodate Brembo's from factory. This is a 10mm bolt hole I believe, but the GTT rotors mounting point is larger, so it would need to be drilled out and what not. That's why we did the rears first.

Now, the following pictures are of the rear brakes only simply because my Brake Master Cylinder cannot fuel the 4 pot awesomeness that the fronts provide. I'm in need of a GTT BMC but I'm not sure what the bore size is on that one, so if anyone could help me out that would be greatly appreciated.

Now that I've rambled on... onto some pictures of the goodies :D

IMG_2758_zpsd3f982c5.jpg

IMG_2757_zps62365ec3.jpg

IMG_2759_zpsf144c632.jpg

IMG_2760_zpsfad841fd.jpg

I can't get enough of that colour hey! looks epic I reckon....

So I decided to not be a lazy SOB and get off my ass and polish the car and tidy her up a bit last weekend. I'm pretty happy with the result.

IMG_2763_zps502ec7ea.jpg

DSC_0664Large_zps4463313a.jpg

DSC_0661Large_zps3ce4d366.jpg

DSC_0645Large_zpsd01cf7b1.jpg

Thanks for reading guys, can't wait to get the front brakes on as well... gonna look so good! Not to mention brake better :)

Edited by jake26

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Okay, so a few things have been happening recently so I've been a bit slow with the old updates!

I've fitted a few more goodies to the car as well.

Smoked front an side indicators

post-103934-13838282580223_thumb.jpg

And finally my new front brakes and rotors got put on! They look a treat behind the XD9's I reckon! I haven't had a chance to test these puppies out yet unfortunately. I'll keep you all posted with how they perform

post-103934-13838283091841_thumb.jpg

Gotta love freebies!

post-103934-13838284270959_thumb.jpg

How she sits at the moment pre-indicators

post-103934-13838284821399_thumb.jpg

Thanks for reading :)

Alright so I managed to touch up a few things on the exterior. The headlights were quite bad. Last time I polished them was about 6 months ago so that was the first thing.

Left is before, as right is after about 1 pass over with the new polish.

post-103934-13840737601946_thumb.jpg

post-103934-13840738963082_thumb.jpg

I ended up doing about 7-8 passes either side an they look brilliant now!

Did the same with the rear fog light and reverse light. Although only 3 passes on each

Secondly, while my mate was over we tackled the rust on the wiper arms as I did a pretty poor job of spraying them before.

We spent a while sanding them down getting them prepped properly before going over them with a paint called sparkling black.

This was before

post-103934-13840739793906_thumb.jpg

After

post-103934-13840739972228_thumb.jpg

We had a go at restoring the bumper plastics too so we prepped them and coated them in black bumper restorer

Before

post-103934-13840740626197_thumb.jpg

After

post-103934-13840741176887_thumb.jpg

Overall I'm happy I got this stuff done. Makes me appreciate my car just that little bit more now :)

• 2 months later...

I've been pondering my next move with the car lately and I've decided I'd like to price up putting a turbo motor in.

My goals for the car would be response and reliability over power as well as retaining the factory 4WD system.

Information on GT-Fours is mega hard to find let alone finding builds about them so its pretty much uncharted territory which is not good for my wallet lol

Looking at a quick run down of a few things, Ive seen a C34 4WD RB25DET NEO complete with manual box, ecu and loom for a pretty good price.

What I'm wondering is would it be a match up with my gearbox and what ECU would I use without interfering with my ABS and what not?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I've been researching the crap out of seats lately and I'm tossing up between a genuine Bride and getting it modplated or buying an ADR approved seat (Autotechnica Bride Look-a-like) and using that. The stock seats dont really bother me too much comfort wise but I slide around in them when I go through some twisties which gets annoying.

Fixed the seat problem by putting in a pair of Recaro Sr3's

I've got 18x10's on the rear now and 18x9 +20's on the front. Still looks good but it doesnt have as much dish.

That would look good! I would want to go genuine though if I did go down that path

Went a full genuine R34 gtr front end as well so the 18x10+18 will sit nicely with 265's all round

Fixed the seat problem by putting in a pair of Recaro Sr3's

Went a full genuine R34 gtr front end as well so the 18x10+18 will sit nicely with 265's all round

Very nice! You should post up some pictures :)

• 10 months later...