SAU Community

Skyline Modifications

howdy all i need some help in modifying a skyline, a 1993-1996 R33 Gts-t..

i will be gettin the car in about a year but i need to know how much everything is going to cost me.

when i come to get the car, i will have between 8-9 grand to spend on it...

the modifications i want to get are:

-custom bodykit

-18's

-navy blue paint with white racing stripes

-full exhaust system minus headers and the cat..

-lowered

-tinted

this is pretty much what i want. im gettin this all sorted out as its a project car, not a daily driver and i will be entering it into shows... i just need to know prices. i know that the body kit will be cheap as i can get em from a mate in pakenham who makes em...

any ideas? cos i would like to be quoted. I want to go to a 2nd hand place or whatever they are and buy from there but i dont know where to go!! help!!

-JL

Why do you want to 'build' a show car? You could just walk down the street yelling "look at me"

If you really want to do it then you'd be spending your 8 or 9 grand on the paint alone, then you'll need a bodykit (I guess) and it would want to be something that is of decent quality and that will not date too quickly... you dont want to cover it in a couple of grands worth of paint only to junk it a year later.

Wheels, at least two grand most likely more

Exhaust can be mega expensive or cheap... since you're not planning on driving it cheap would do.

If you're going to do it, then I'd think you'll be looking at 12 o 14 grand before you get to the obligatory 'phat' retrim, stupidly loud stereo, and engine mods that are just there for wank value.

woftam if you ask me, but its your cash. Just remember it will cost more than you think.

And if it doesnt people will think you suck because your car isnt as fully sick as the one next to it because he has two more tvs than you

Personally, I'd copy the old JMS R33 but do it in a deep blue, and DRIVE it (not cruise in it, drive in it) because it had presence and I don't think that Jap trends will die too quickly (look at all the oldskool race replica cars in Japan, they still look good, but anything that was in Hot4's more than two years ago looks pretty damn ghey)

i will be gettin the car in about a year but i need to know how much everything is going to cost me.  

....... . . ............. sense . ......... ....... money .......

.... .... .......... sense . . ................ money ...... .......

.... .... .......... ... sense . ........ ... ....... money .... ....

hmmm

Which you got more of, kid? :bs!:

you are planning to buy a car - and make it a show car with only 9ish k...

hmmm

no chance mate....

like it's been said you'd need to spend that on a nice custom paintjob - maybe some nice airbrushed shit on it too...

then you would need mags - atleast 3k for these as you can't go buy some commowhore ones for a show car bud..

then you gotta think about a kit - whack on a GTR kit that every GTSt has and you'll win ay...riiiight, i'd say you'd need a custom kit made up from someone like Jetspeed - which costs a shitload!

and after all this wasteage your not even going to drive it? And you wont win **** all as the 2 guy next to you were sponsored from some motorsport company and spenyt 50k on their cars :)

think about it mate

Guest INASNT
howdy all i need some help in modifying a skyline, a 1993-1996 R33 Gts-t..

the modifications i want to get are:

-custom bodykit

-18's

-navy blue paint with white racing stripes

-full exhaust system minus headers and the cat..

-lowered

-tinted

this is pretty much what i want. im gettin this all sorted out as its a project car, not a daily driver and i will be entering it into shows... i just need to know prices. i know that the body kit will be cheap as i can get em from a mate in pakenham who makes em...

any ideas? cos i would like to be quoted. I want to go to a 2nd hand place or whatever they are and buy from there but i dont know where to go!! help!!

-JL

In another year there will be even more skylines around and u will have to spend about 20 grand atleast to make it a show car, coz its been done to death already

If you want it to look cool either dump it on some Volks with no kit... or go for a Vertex style kit and dump it... Custom kits from Jetspeed et al are just going to get you laughed at, as will airbrushing

I'd still say its cheaper and easier to walk down the street yelling "Look at me, give me your undivided attention"