SAU Community

V35 250Gt Sedan What Performance Mods?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dafug is a pop charger ?

or is that some stupid yank term for gay as aids pod that sucks in hot air?

Dont know if it would work on the eco motor but z tube, rev up air box and decent drop in is probably the best way to go as get a bit more intake noise and not get pumped if you get pulled over

ompare your the intake tube to pics of the z33 one

I thought it was more just to get rid of the resonater for a bit more induction noise rather than KW... either way on a NA the preformance gain from a basic intake is so small you wont be able to tell, besides the placebo from more noise

Edited by (Locky)

The DD motors are very picky and dont like mods unlike the DE. Being maxima esque isnt as bad as it seems. Cops thinks its a maxima and maxima owners get confused. Save your pennies buy a coupe or dp a engine and tranny swap. Engine choices are pretty vast youve got the VQ35DE, VQ30DET, VQ25DET, LS2, 1/2JZ and rotary and go completely stupid.

VQ25DD are not a tunable/modifyable engine like the VQ35 is. Its a lost cause. Trust me ive been down this path and got told the same thing. Keep it as a daily and get a coupe or a stag

VQ25dd are just as easy to modify/tune as the VQ25det, they are in effect the same engine, using the same cam actuation, but the DD has special swirl chambered pistons and high compression. If you were happy to run e85 you could still boost it, the rods etc should be good for some big power (same as the turbo rods) All the turbo gear off the det would bolt on...

Don't discount it as a performance base, I was planning to run my spare DD in a turbo race car not long ago and the Siamese runners intrigued me.

Sorry, I'm new here. I just want to ask has anyone done a intake pipe for the 3.5 v6 sedan from throttle body to the afm? I would like to get one. I'm going to run a Nismo S tune panel filter.

There is no point unless you want more louds.

Search "Z tube" if you are still interested.

Serriously considering dropping a turbo in, anyone have experience with doing this with their 250GT, is it even possible, i havnt seen alot of turbo kits that are compatible, i have however seen a super charging kit but it ws around 6 grand im sure it would fly with it tho :D

Talk to Howaitonaito.

There are multiple hurdles to cross doing that. Long story short, your better off buying something that is easier to get power out of, rather than trying to put power in this car. You will spend a lot more than what the car is worth to get it done.

Still a weak ass engine though.

The VQ30det is good for well over 400kw stock.

I prefer the 4 door personally, not because it looks better, but because it's unassuming. You would never get pulled up in it, unlike the coupe. There are too many down here with blacked out tail lights and bald 20 inch rims. You are ruining it for yourselves.

Cedric ?

I agree with the last two comments however i dont have the time to learn and everytime i try and "fix" Things i end up in more trouble than i was in the beginning lol, my little brother is a mechanic and he can service it for me, however i need a log book service to keep my warrenty.

Then if your keeping a warrenty, sort of rules out performance mods then doesn't it......

But already have 1j conversion kit and even if it weighs a lil more sits a hell of a lot lower ;)

and R154 with remote shifter is bolt in and near bullet proof. Someone blew 2 Z33 boxes behind a SR... not cheap and/or easy to replace if they go

Still love Vq's though